.02

jeongin always wanted to be an actor. it'd been his dream since day one, and he liked to think he was actually born to it.

no matter how hard it was to channel all his power into rearranging his face into the right expression and show the right emotion as if he had experienced it himself, jeongin loved every part of it.

jeongin didn't deny that it was the only thing that kept him from lying in bed all day and pretend to be sick just to skip school to just play games all day and chit chat with his friends online and in real life.

he really wanted to go to hollywood one day, get an oscar and laugh on the face of those people who said he would never succeed.

he really wanted to be an actor. and getting the main role at his first high school's play was the first step to reach success.

of course, jeongin had participated in plays before in middle school and even in kindergarten, but he had always been a tree or a rock. children's play weren't interesting, and the teachers never acknowledged his natural born talent, opting for other kids who were taller and older than him, who talked louder than him and forgot their lines in the middle of a presentation.

so it was time to jeongin and his natural born talent to get the justice they deserved.

he had auditioned to get the main role, the protagonist. it was an english name: taylor. and the lines he was given to practice with told the character was a whiny little bitch, but what should he do? he needed the role!

felix had unnecessarily pointed out that jeongin wouldn't have much trouble getting into character, because he didn't see much difference between the two, which he earned a slap for being a terrible friend.

jeongin didn't let it affect him, though. if to achieve his dreams he was supposed to pretend to be a whiny little bitch, he would be a whiny little bitch.

the character also seemed to really enjoy using the word "like," a lot, but maybe that was the writer's fault, and not the character's actual trait, and jeongin was really inclined to discuss the script with the teacher after he gets the role.

because he will get the role.

and as if he wasn't in stress enough, he had to deal with hwang hyunjin eating the last grain of patience that survived in him.

"i heard you were trying to get rid of me, uh?" he said quietly to not get the teacher's attention. "that hurts. ow." he mockingly clutched his hand on his chest, where his heart was, and jeongin was this close to pushing him off his chair so he had a reason to actually be hurt.

"my plan didn't go well, as you can see." jeongin snapped, an angry frown on his face that made hyunjin chuckle. he really was playing with fire.

"oh, please. as if you really hated me as you make it sound." hyunjin said, cockily slouching back on the seat. he wasn't even taking notes of what the teacher was writing on the board. he probably thought jeongin would share his notes with him later just because they got paired up. well, he had a big storm coming, then. "you can't live without me."

jeongin almost choked on his own spit. who he thought he was?

"you're the reason i walk around with a pepper spray! don't go thinking so highly of yourself."

that just made hyunjin laugh and try to squish both of jeongin's cheeks while saying, "cute!" consequently making jeongin let out a squeak and thus making jeongin's soul leave his body when it snatched the attention of the whole class and the teacher.

jeongin was quick to shove hyunjin off himself and hold onto any dignity he still had by rejecting hyunjin's affection and praying to any deities above to make him magically get out of the awkward scene he was about to get into because of damn hyunjin.

"mr. yang, i believe this is not the first time i reprimand you for misbehaving in class." the teacher said, shaking her head as if jeongin was the biggest disappointment she had ever dealt with on her whole career in education. "i thought pairing you with mr. hwang would benefit for your posture in class, but i believe this is even more serious than i thought."

what? was she actually being serious? was it some kind of prank? what the hell?

"so i believe there's no point in trying to avoid it: you have detention after class. maybe you'll learn how to not disturb any more lessons." she concluded, turning back to the board as if she hadn't just committed the worst case of injustice ever seen to humankind.

jeongin turned his head to the side to take a look at the reason why he'd stay after class instead of doing something productive like pursuing his dreams, but hyunjin seemed to suddenly try to avoid his gaze like a vampire avoided sunlight. jeongin was livid. he would make him pay for that.

hwang hyunjin would have a great school year. jeongin would assure that.