.04

why chan suddenly started talking to him was above his knowledge. it was real talking, not the usual polite hi's they exchanged whenever they bumped around the school.

that was absolute craziness. why would a senior tell him to have lunch with them? he'd have to skip the strawberry milk and gummy bears he had for lunch, then. make him look less like a kid.

but hyunjin had to happen and destroy his mood.

the next day, after barely getting any sleep and abusing his mom's concealer so he wouldn't show up to school with panda's eyes, jeongin felt like he could do anything.

maybe it was the high from sleeping for literally only two hours, of which was just before it was time for him to wake up because he could only manage to sleep when he got bored of replaying over and over again his quick chat with chan and decided to waste time away on twitter. he fell asleep almost immediately, only to be woken up by the same device, that was still on and hot on his hand because he didn't know what auto-lock was or what it was for.

but as soon as he passed through the school's gates, hyunjin magically appeared right in front of him and destroyed any type of good mood he managed to hold onto this morning.

"look, i'm sorry." he started, hands dramatically flying around as he tried to explain himself.

"stop. i don't want to hear it!" jeongin spat, trying to walk away.

hyunjin didn't let him go. "i'm really, really sorry!" he said, eyes wide, making jeongin get confused on whether he wanted to sound sincere or intimidating.

"why can't you just leave me alone? i'm sick of it!"

hyunjin sighed, pulling out a folded piece of paper. it instantly pulled a reaction out of jeongin, who recognized the drama club's logo and quickly snatched it out of hyunjin's hand, hands shaking as he unfolded it and started reading the message.

maybe hyunjin went there and demanded them for an answer as an apology and jeongin finally got the main role!

we, the leaders, are happy to announce that we have extended the deadlines for auditions! so tell your friends to participate and le –

jeongin stopped reading, letting the paper slip through his hands and get carried away by the wind.

he knew that killing the messenger was morally wrong, but just because it was hyunjin, he really wanted to discharge his frustration on him.

"i knew you were stressing out about it, so i talked to donghyuck and he said he had no idea he didn't put this notice on the school board. guess he had too much in his head! so i helped him print these." hyunjin said, pointing at the flying paper getting farther and father away from them.

that made jeongin... a little soft. not soft enough to forgive him, though, but enough to not give in to his anger issues and scratch his whole handsome face. not that jeongin thought hyunjin was handsome or anything! that was what people said about him! not jeongin!

"so, you forgive me now?" hyunjin asked, hopeful.

jeongin stepped closer to his personal space, and lifted his head so he got closer and closer to his (not handsome) face, close enough to feel his breath on his own face.

"no." jeongin said, and walked away, leaving hyunjin frozen on the spot. not like jeongin looked back to see his reaction or anything.

-

as lunch approached, jeongin got more and more restless. he felt like he was being cornered by wolves. would it be too bad to take his word back now? he'd make seungmin or felix drive him to mcdonalds and he'd post a photo of them together eating a hundred mcnuggets. that way, jeongin had an alibi and witnesses.

if chan asked why he didn't go, he could just say he forgot. he had a reputation of not listen, anyway.

jeongin mentally slapped himself. he couldn't chicken out when his 4 years long crush called to have lunch with him! time to grow up and face his fears.

but as he held his lunch tray and stared at the large cafeteria, jeongin couldn't stop himself from cold sweating a bit from the anticipation. he looked down at his tater tots and mac n' cheese, which he was going to water down with a box of apple juice, and couldn't help but wonder if it still made the impression that jeongin had the taste buds of a 5-year-old.

"jeongin! here!" he heard someone call from his right, and started panicking a bit, until he realized it was just felix, seungmin and changbin, sitting in the same table they'd been eating since always. damn it. he still hadn't said a word about having lunch with chan. how could he? it happened so fast!

so, giving them an apologetic look, jeongin made his way to the back of the cafeteria, avoiding a pair of pretty eyes following from the corner, and pretending hwang hyunjin wasn't totally staring at him.