.22

the next day, jeongin was so busy he almost forgot to interrogate felix properly.

the good news was that it was friday, and the horrible news was that they had to present their science project monday... a project they didn't even finish, even. also, there was of course the rehearsal and jeongin was expected to appear with an assistant there in forty-five minutes.

the amount of work to do was ridiculous. he already felt like an adult, doing productive things and basically being a workaholic. maybe worse was about to come in the next years... being an actor (especially an oscar-worth actor) meant going on an uncomfortable journey, but jeongin was optimistic. well, optimistic in a way. he only hoped there were no more science projects to wasted his time in the future.

he was so deep in thought he almost didn't notice a blond head stopping in its tracks and try to flee at the sight of jeongin.

he instantly began to chase him.

"come here, felix!"

"no!"

jeongin's head was clearly out of shape and so was his body. trying to outrun an athlete was dumb, and jeongin was soon panting with his hands on his knees.

felix also stopped, seeing that jeongin wasn't a threat to his life anymore, and stood carefully close to him.

"i... just..." jeongin was visibly on the brink of dying right there. "wanted to ask if you want to be my assistant."

felix raised his brows, interested, smile wide from ear to ear.

"of course! more material!"

if it wasn't for jeongin's nearing death, he would kill felix right there.

---

he recognized all of the other assistants. it made sense, since they were all almost in the same group of friends.

chan's assistant was seungmin, whose virgo tendencies were apparent as he took the job way too seriously, scribbling down some notes as if chan  was really his boss.

hyunjin's assistant was jisung, one of the candidates for the position of school council president. he was sulking while sitting next to hyunjin, arms crossed and looking like he was a second away from throwing a tantrum. jeongin wondered what in hell was he doing there.

he decided it would be a good convo starter, since hyunjin still wouldn't properly talk to him. jeongin... kinda missed him.

smoothly taking a seat next to hyunjin, jeongin whispered, beware of seungkwan's sensitive hearing: "how did you get jisung to be your assistant?"

hyunjin didn't seem angry at him, but he did seem startled. it was understandable. jeongin never made the first move to start a interaction with him. wow. jeongin was kind of bad.

hyunjin smiled that shit-eating grin jeongin knew too well. he was back to normal. "he owed me one."

apparently sensing they were talking about him, jisung sighed, fidgeting impatiently.

jeongin scoffed, amused. "what did you do for him to owe you one?"

hyunjin opened his mouth to tell him, but jisung was first, "look, whatever he says to you, it's not true. don't go spreading rumors, all right? do you know how it could affect my campaign?"

hyunjin rolled his eyes, "god, how you're dramatic."

jeongin laughed. was he one to talk!

"look. i can't lose for minho. that's out of question. and you dragging me here like your pet dog for a walk in the park doesn't help my situation!"

hyunjin scoffed, "being my pet dog will get you more popularity than that sloppy campaign of yours."

jisung was clearly offended and was already producing a comeback when the doors were noisily opened and felix came in.

he took a glance at how close jeongin and hyunjin were and automatically his mouth expanded in a cheshire cat smile.

as if he was burned, jeongin quickly put space between the two of them. well aware that felix's eyes were his mother's eyes.

jeongin frowned, everything suddenly sinking in altogether. then, if he analyzed the night before, hyunjin's eyes were felix's eyes which were jeongin's mom's eyes. what could hyunjin possibly have said that got his mom interested?

he glanced up at him. could... could it be that...? no. it couldn't, could it?

jeongin blushed.

"hello, everyone!" felix cheerfully greeted them, "how's everybody doing? i am doings great! and--"

"could you be any louder?" seungkwan reprimanded him. there was a minor character's scene they still had to fix.

"sorry!" felix bowed, sitting next to jeongin, and opening his bag. it was filled with clothing. uh... girl's clothing. felix's smirk could be heard in his voice, "i am supposed to help you with your costume, right? these are top quality, not the cheap stuff in this shitty theater club. am i forgiven?"

jeongin didn't have words to say how that was not a forgiveness-worthy action. well, he didn't have words at all. because, among the clothes, there was a very red, very lacy women's underwear.