.23

jeongin pointed his phone flashlight at felix's face, the other grimacing at the sudden bust of light.

"start from the beginning." he demanded.

"can't we talk like normal people?"

"no. you lost your human rights the moment you teamed with my mom."

felix rolled his eyes, "i didn't team up with your mom," jeongin gave him a confused look. what excuse could felix make up? "she teamed up with me."

jeongin wasn't in a good mood. he had felix's phone hostage and felix still had the audacity to be funny.

he'd been torturing felix for some time now. making him his stage assistant was bait enough to make him forget jeongin was dead mad with him, luring him to his house so he could squeeze some truth out of him.

first, he sneakily used felix's fingerprint to unlock his phone without the other noticing, then shamelessly going through his messages as he pretended to listen to whatever felix was saying about a random dress he picked out of his bag.

there were... not safe for work texts from changbin that kept showing up on the notifications whether jeongin liked or not. he tried to ignore them.

now it all came together. how felix would always be on his phone even when they were talking face to face, or how he rarely saw him and changbin together but still they were so close at that senior campfire party.

his contacts had code names, such as pig+rabbit for changbin, drama-queen for what he could only assume was hyunjin. his finger itched to know what they'd been talking, but then he glanced to the name under it and read momma fox. that could only be his mom.

before he could see the messages, the phone had been snatched from his hands, "what are you doing! now i'll have to repeat all that i just said!"

but jeongin managed to grab it back and hold it past the window.

"do what i say and nobody will be hurt!"

felix went pale. "you... y-you monster!"

and that was how they ended up in that situation, flashlight right on felix's face and jeongin grasping at his phone as a threat. felix had turned it off and now it demanded a password, so jeongin couldn't unlock it anymore, but felix didn't seem to know this, growing paler at the second.

it took a few minutes for felix to crack up.

it turned out that felix had... a side job. other than being a horrible friend and a part-time school slacker.

he was also a blackmailer.

"well, i prefer information collector better," felix explained, "but you get the hang of it."

"so you were blackmailing me?" jeongin was in disbelief. the true colors were showing!

"nooo!" felix was quick to defend himself. he looked somewhat guilty. that was some sort of relief. "i just had a deal with your mom."

"what do you mean?"

felix sealed his lips, "it's confidential." he said with tight pressed lips.

jeongin walked over to the window, phone in hand.

"okay! okay!" felix said hurriedly, "uh... y'know, she was um... worried. about your school life. just that. i kept her updated with your grades. she was afraid that you would start failing important classes once you got the role, so..."

that kind of made sense. jeongin was glad it was reasonable because he really didn't want to end this friendship.

but... that didn't explain why his mom was so weird at the dinner table that night. wait, was that all felix told her was there more--

once lost in thoughts, jeongin didn't realize until it was too late when felix snatched back his phone from his hand and darted out the room.

"tell your mom i'll still keep in touch!" and then left, running way too fast for jeongin to keep up, athlete and all, jumping the stairs four at a time. that bastard.