.07

jeongin couldn't understand how someone with a sane mind would be willing to get started with schoolwork that they had a whole month to get ready to.

hyunjin was surely doing all of this just to piss him off, there was no other explanation.

they got started anyways, not before having a mild fight over what they were actually going to work on. jeongin had already stated that he wasn't going to do it all by himself, and consequently making hyunjin feel offended, but he had to put those boundaries. or else, everything would spiral out of control.

after a lot of research and googling easy chemical experiments that seem hard but are not, they finally came on an agreement that a color-changing drink was the way to go. everything they needed were glasses, food coloring and water. easy enough for two useless teenagers.

hyunjin also insisted they should start tonight, so they would finish it earlier, and jeongin looked at him as if he'd grown horns. firstly, he felt a bit down for hyunjin being so willing to get rid of him as soon as possible, but then it turned into anger because screw him! he was the one who wanted to get rid of him in the first place! how dare he!

but on the other side, jeongin was exhausted and just wanted to sleep, and not even calling hyunjin a shithead and flipping him off was worth it enough to make him miss a few hours of sleep. they also had school tomorrow, goddammit!

so he did what any sane person would do. he kicked hyunjin out. only out of his room, because he was too tired to carry the tall boy around the stairs and risk breaking his neck, because if he knew hyunjin would overreact with his dramatic ass and get them some broken bones for it.

all he remembered was falling asleep to the sound of hyunjin knocking on his door and threatening to go home, what jeongin was more than supportive of it, and waking up to the sound of two people chatting in the kitchen.

that wouldn't be too freaky, only if jeongin realized that there were only him and his mom living in there.

and when he rushed down the stairs with one of his slipper in hand ready to fight the trespasser, jeongin caught his mom and hyunjin making breakfast.

his first thought was what the hell? and the second was that indeed, the enemy is always close. he couldn't believe his mom did this to him. wasn't she the one (despite felix) to always listen to his rants about him? that was bullying!

hyunjin looked at him, a dumb thing to do when you're making pancakes on the stove, because his mom started screaming about something burning.

having breakfast with hyunjin was an experience that jeongin did not need. especially with his mom embarrassing him.

"so glad innie has other friends. i thought he only had felix to hang out."

"we're not friends, mom." jeongin said for the nth time, stabbing his pancake with a fork. just thinking about how it was hyunjin who made them, made jeongin feel something on his stomach. maybe it was a sign that he shouldn't eat it. just to make sure.

he ate it though. no, he would never admit that they tasted okay.

"how come you're not friends?" his mom gasped, then her face changed for an expression that terrorized jeongin to death. she smirked! "then does it mean you two are..."

jeongin stood up, eyes wide and hand mindlessly grabbing hyunjin by the arm, who still had a lazy smile painted on his face. the bastard.

"we're going!" jeongin squeaked.

"where?" his mom yelped, fork halfway to her mouth, eyeing jeongin confusedly.

"school!" he said, already in the living room, a hand quickly reaching for the doorknob to flee away from the awkward scene his mom almost made.

he heard her yelling a "but you didn't even finish bre –" before jeongin shut the front door, panting as if he'd ran a marathon.

he only noticed he was still holding hyunjin's arm when he heard the other chuckle quietly at his side. jeongin, nerves on fire, darted him an angry look.

"what?"

hyunjin continued laughing, until he said, "you forgot our backpacks."

goddammit!