.43

jeongin frowned at the script as he tried to drown the sounds of hyunjin's existence.

"shimmy shimmy shimmy yah, shimmy yuh, shimmy yeh," he chanted, finger going up and down following the tones of his new mantra.

jeongin read through the lines, but couldn't make any of the words. it could've been greek for all he knew.

"shimmy shimmy shimmy yah! shimmy yuh, shimmy yeh!"

the highlighted parts in yellow indicating his lines started mixing with the green ones, that indicated his character's actions, in a beautiful two-colored rainbow.

"shimmy shimmy shimmy... yah, shimmy yuh! shimmy yeh!"

jeongin's eyes began to cross. he stared at his own nose.

"shimmy shimmy shim-"

"can you stop it?" chan yelled, hand slapping hard on jeongin's nightstand, making his alarm clock shake and nearly fall off. it read "8:49 pm" in bright red numbers.

jeongin peeled his eyes away from the script.

hyunjin looked at him, annoyed.

"can you, uh, mind ya own damn business?" he snapped at him, "i'm warming up my voice!"

"for what? to sound like shit? you're just being obnoxious!"

after sitting for about two hours listening to jeonghan's plan, jeongin realized that the situation could always get worse.

the strategy was for them to team up and mix the elements of their plays together in order to take down their strongest enemy: neo culture high. it was a shock for jeongin to believe that someone like jeonghan could so easily recognize someone else's talents, and even more startling to see seungkwan nod in confirmation.

in jeonghan's own words, "never hesitate asking for help to bring other people down!" which jeongin realized was an awful thing to do, but, if it meant they had a chance in winning the competition, then jeongin was in.

and then he came to know that jeonghan's play was a musical, and there would be even more stuff for him to memorize.

hyunjin gasped and leaned forward on the other end of the mattress. he put a hand to his chest, the gesture of an offended man: "excuse me, sir, who sounds like shit here?"

chan's face didn't waver as he said, serious: "you."

hyunjin stared at him for a while, then, for jeongin's utter surprise, started laughing maniacally for some seconds. before throwing himself forward.

hyunjin landed on top of his thighs as he tried to reach for chan's collar, maybe to choke him. jeongin screamed. chan caught hyunjin's hands but the other boy broke free from the grip with a swift twist of his wrists. while they struggled, with jeongin in the middle of the battle, both chan and hyunjin managed to fall on top of jeongin, squashing the boy to the bed. he screamed some more.

the door was abruptly opened, and jeongin half-heard the alarmed voice of his mom as she called for him, "jeongin?"

it brought a stop to hyunjin and chan's fight, although none of them really made a move to get off of him.

jeongin managed to raise a hand from below the pile of heavy bodies crushing him into the bed.

"here," he said in a choked-out voice.

---

the day was ruined.

after jeongin's mom answered her son's cries for help, she kicked both hyunjin and chan out of the house and forbid him from going to hyunjin's house, destroying any chances for them to practice their new parts.

hyunjin went all the way to the door apologizing to her, even kneeling down at some point. she waved her hand in dismissal.

now, when chan stopped on the threshold of the door and turned to open his mouth... she shut the door on his face.

jeongin widened his eyes at the immense display of anger his mother was able to show. he'd never seen her like this. god, she was always all teasing and playful smiles. was the scene she'd walked in really that bad?

but he instantly knew the reason for all that harshness as soon as his mother turned to look at him, face icy and serious.

she said, "don't bring that boy here again."

jeongin knew exactly who was the boy she was talking about. and how she came to know about him.

when she left, jeongin quickly made his way back up to his room, got hold of his phone, and angrily began to send a text to a certain someone.

me
felix, are you out of your mind????

his reply came right after:

lix🐥
huh?
what did i do this time?

me
you know EXACTLY what you did

lix🐥
no officer i swear i didn't punch that kid 🙄

jeongin threw his phone away, making it kick and land on the soft pillows of his bed.

that wasn't good. felix just managed to make it harder for both the investigation and jeongin's play. now they could only practice in the school!

jeongin heard his phone chiming with new messages. he tried to ignore it and just wallow in anger, but couldn't resist the temptations of modern technology.

lix🐥
oh that reminds me...
we installed some cameras in your room
we saw all the drama lmaoo
that's not something to "lmao" about, felix. -ksm

jeongin frowned at the new message from seungmin. such a weird guy. and then it downed upon him: did felix just say seungmin and him installed cameras in his freaking house? what the actual—

lix🐥
look, jeongin, you have to be alone with chan in there. only that way we can catch him. he won't do anything with hyunjin in there. -ksm

me
yeah but SOMEONE told my mom about chan
and now she won't let him in anymore

lix🐥
I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING!!!!!!!
SHE WEN
eksjqhq
lsoajwnslsidwuebd
slwpwajhaskdk

jeongin rolled his eyes. were they fighting over the phone?

lix🐥
i'll talk to your mom, don't worry. your only job is to lure him alone and let us catch the son of a bitch on the act.
he's going down. -ksm

jeongin looked around his room, suddenly too self-conscious about the new plan.

on the nightstand, the alarm clock seemed to be staring at him. only after a moment did he realize why it looked so odd.

right on top of it, there was a single tiny ball, not bigger than a button. when jeongin moved in a certain way, he could see red and blue light coming from the middle. a camera.

pointing right towards his bed.