.48

jeongin gaped as hyunjin threw chan to the other side of the room, making him crash right into his desk and send a bunch of pens rolling to the floor.

however, hyunjin didn't seem very interested in giving him a moment to breathe, because, right after, he grabbed a fistful of chan's shirt and threw him into another piece of furniture, now jeongin's nightstand.

the alarm clock fell with the collision, and the camera came off its hiding place. it landed on the floor, small, round, and in full view. jeongin tried to discreetly and quickly hide it inside the hoodie.

when he looked up to check if any of the other boys noticed it, jeongin caught a glimpse of hyunjin's face.

nostrils flared, brows pulled together in an angry frown, eyes wild and flaming with fury, then squinting into slits as his fist clashed with chan's face yet again.

yep, none of them saw that.

chan seemed to have recovered from the shock a bit, since he surged forward and tried to aim a blow at hyunjin, but only managed to punch jeongin's shelves.

hyunjin snickered at him.

jeongin, however, was terrified. the punch made the whole shelf wiggle and shake, and although it didn't fall off on top of him, another tiny ball detached itself from wherever it had been and landed right on chan's head. another camera.

panicking, jeongin's eyes wildly darted around in search of something that would magically make chan not realize he had just been struck by a spy agent gadget bought off amazon.

jeongin didn't need to search so hard. hyunjin's fist did the job. but this time, chan was ready: he ducked, and so hyunjin's hand only attacked the air. chan aimed for a punch on the gut, which sent both boys in a bloody fight right in jeongin's room. again.

he tapped the microphone inside the pin. were seungmin and felix not listening to this shit? they couldn't see anything anymore with the cameras gone, but they certainly could hear everything, right?

the earpiece was still malfunctioning, the static noise blowing on his ear like an annoying fly. jeongin took it off, quickly making his way to the window, avoiding the performance of testosterone happening in the middle of his room.

on the way, his bare feet stepped into something which, if jeongin didn't know better, he'd think it was a lego piece. but, at close inspection, he realized it was the second camera. he quickly hid it in the hoodie's pocket along with the other one.

once at the window, jeongin scanned the surroundings. his room offered a view that gave right to the streets, and thus gave him a full view of his backyard.

but all he could see, however, were two figures making a run for it on the street, both leaving a trail of leaves behind, and one of them had a suitcase stuffed full of... wires?

jeongin's face erupted on fire. didn't they say that they'd be there if things were to go wrong? so much for trusting seungmin!

"you bastard!" jeongin heard behind him, "i should kill you right now!"

at the word kill, jeongin immediately turned, alarmed. there wouldn't be a murder tonight! especially not on top of his carpet!

but once he turned to catch the person who said such an unspeakable thing, jeongin realized said person was hyunjin. he had chan by the collar, the other ready to throw another punch at chan's bloody face. hyunjin was not found unharmed either: he had a deep cut on one brow and a bruise on one eye that for sure would make it swell up the next day.

jeongin had turned away for one minute!

chan grinned, making a thin line of blood trail down his chin. jeongin winced.

"you don't have the guts," chan mocked. hyunjin's eyes flared.

jeongin had to stop this.

"okay, okay! alright, if we just---" he started, but was interrupted.

"there's nothing alright here! you were being assaulted!" hyunjin exclaimed, disgust and rage fully displayed on each of his words, "this son of a bitch should get arrested right now!"

chan furrowed, far different from the bloody grin he had before: "assaulted? assaulted? what the fuck do you mean?" his voice raised, "what, just because you're too much of a pussy to fucking date jeongin, me making an advance is now assault?"

hyunjin punched him.

"alright!" jeongin exclaimed, horrified with all the display of violence.

he wanted to call his mom, or seungmin, or felix, or anyone. anyone would be able to tackle the situation gracefully.

"look, let's just... stop. stop all of this! both of you go home!" he urged, waving his hands at the boys and trying to shoo them away from his room. that worked before when his mom did it, right?

the plan had failed anyway, hyunjin had come before chan could attempt any murderous act, so it'd just be better to sleep this off.

"are you crazy?" hyunjin gawked at him in disbelief. "this bastard just fucking... forced himself on you!"

"i did not!" chan spat.

"you called me for help! didn't you jeongin? here," hyunjin unlocked his phone, showing their texts, ❤❤❤innie❤❤❤ had clearly sent "a" as a reply to hyunjin's last message.

chan was visibly confused, "why... wait a minute..."

"my finger slipped, okay?" jeongin said, like an idiot.

both boys were looking at him.

jeongin gulped.

hyunjin stared right at him for what felt like ages, intense eye contact that jeongin was sure would leave some type of mark, before loosening his grip on chan's clothes and letting him go.

chan exasperatedly straightened his shirt and wiped a bit of blood that was coming from his nostrils.

he pointed at hyunjin. "broke my nose dude, i better not see your face tomorrow," then he turned to jeongin, "and you---"

jeongin turned his face away. the plan was ruined anyway.

with a sigh, chan exited the room.

hyunjin stared at the ground, fists still clenched tight as if he'd fight the next thing to brush against him. but he didn't so much as flinch as jeongin lightly put a hand to his cheek to inspect the wounds on his face.

"let's get you cleaned up, okay?" jeongin encouraged him to move to the bathroom with a soothing hand on the other boy's back, as if hyunjin was a big wild cat.

seungmin and felix were dead.