.47

with wide eyes, jeongin stared at the big bush in his yard. it shivered and hissed like a living being. as if a beast would sprout from it and begin the apocalypse.

felix's blond head popped out of it, blinked at jeongin, and then at chan beside him, comically widened his eyes and let out a yelp. a second after, there was a hand covering his mouth and then his face was gone.

god, was this what they meant by "going undercover"?

a sudden spurt of adrenaline descended upon his body. now aware that the plan was finally in action, jeongin frantically tried to get chan's attention so as to not let him see the two boys hiding in the bushes.

"let's go inside, quick! i'm so excited to practice!" jeongin urged, even though he didn't have the keys on hand yet.

he embarrassingly stumbled over his own feet the entire path to the door. but if anyone were to ask, jeongin would say that it was on purpose since chan kept helping him walk like he was a freaking toddler giving his first steps, and thus was successfully distracted.

once jeongin somehow managed to get inside the house, the door firmly shut behind him and chan looking expectantly at him, jeongin began to sweat cold again. what if he went outside and yelled at felix and seungmin that he didn't want to do this anymore and ran down the street shouting with his hands in the air and disturbed the whole neighborhood? would it be bad for the plan?

please, god, help him.

jeongin tried to muffle the fear from his voice when he said to chan, "you can leave your things here, if you want."

chan promptly let his bags fall to the floor right there at the entrance, only unzipping his school bag to get the script, and then followed jeongin to his room.

"...in! an... swer! god! wh... do..." there was felix's voice through the earpiece again. seungmin deserved a kick right on his face for buying cheap stuff for such a critical situation.

"are you going to your room now?" seungmin's voice was a tad clearer than before.

jeongin chose not to answer. they would figure it out when they got to his room anyway.

his phone vibrated with a notification, and jeongin gladly took the chance to get his mind off what would happen next.

it was hyunjin.

hwang😑
hey
i know i told you to work alone
but like
i think i might have adhd?
cuz like
its hard to focus yk?
but like, its easier to focus on my lines and stuff when with you
GUYS
you guys

chan chuckled at the non-stop stream of notifications coming from jeongin's phone.

"someone is impatient to talk to you," he commented.

"it's my mom," jeongin lied.

"is she coming back? i'm kinda embarrassed for the other day. i think she might hate me now."

jeongin suddenly had the thought that maybe chan would back down if he had the impression that jeongin's mother was coming home, so he was quick to come up with more lies.

"she, she said that, that something unexpected happened... and that she might not come home at all tonight!" jeongin almost shouted.

"damn, she said that?" felix asked on his ear.

"oh, is she alright? it must suck working all night," was all that chan said.

"huh... yes! um..." then jeongin got distracted again with hyunjin's upcoming messages: