.54

"there! right there!" a girl that was camouflaged among the set broke into a song, giving the cue to the rest of the actors to resurge from the props. and, just like a disney movie, the furniture came to life and started to sing.

"look at that tan, well-tinted skin..."

jeongin was dragged to the middle of a rotating circle of people singing, all of them joined by their hands. he hadn't practiced this part at all, and wondered if he'd been tricked into being an offering to some forgotten greek god.

hyunjin was taken away from his line of sight, hidden from him by a living wall of golden-throated actors. damn, those jeonghan people could sing.

"look at his coiffed, crispy locks!" jeongin ruffled his wavy wig.

"look at his silk, translucent socks!" the elastic of his mid-thigh lacy socks was stretched and snapped back on his skin.

from there, he could still get a glimpse from the backstage (which was so unfair since he couldn't even see hyunjin on stage), finding jeonghan with a microphone set and a notebook, a gloomy seungkwan by his side. jeonghan gave him a thumbs up.

"... gay, or european? it's hard to guarantee!"

jeongin was released from the demonic circle of evil talented people, and was manhandled around like a ragdoll, the sudden dread of a possible dance stunt crippling through jeongin's head. they wouldn't throw him into the air, would they?

the dress twirled as he moved, his feet working solely on muscle memory to not trip on those needle-thin high heels.

he wanted to talk to hyunjin. the play wasn't worth it anymore. sure, they were caught into banters all the time in the past, but they didn't feel so serious as this one. hyunjin was offering to help him, to keep him safe from an alleged serial killer, and jeongin selfishly took all his frustration on him.

as if jeongin had manifested him with only the power of his thoughts, chan appeared among the people dancing around, making way for him like a bunch of moths being chased away.

jeongin wanted to bolt out of there. before, he didn't realize, but now with his reasoning partly coming back, he remembered he'd definitely told chan about him being a criminal. oh, god, where was hyunjin? would chan... oh, god! that was perfect! oh, man, was chan an evil genius! he'd been planning this all along, and now... oh, god, now... he'd kill jeongin right there on the stage, and play it off as part of the performance!

the play would take an abrupt turn: that was a shakespearean tragedy after all!

"they bring those boys up different, there's culturally diverse!" a chair was singing, "it's not a fashion curse..."

"if he wears a kilt," jeongin delicately pulled up a bit on the hems of his dress. "or bears a purse!"

finally, he was able to catch hyunjin's tall self. jeongin had just milliseconds to decide how to alert the other of chan's nefarious intentions.

"yeah, his accent is hypnotic," a potted plant whined, "but his shoes are pointy-toed."

jeongin promptly raised a foot off the ground like he'd been taken straight out of a barbie movie.

he could clearly see hyunjin's face now, slightly hidden behind the set, patiently waiting to sing his part.

"gay or euro--"

"wait a minute!" a fierce hand captured jeongin's wrist, stopping him from trying to go to hyunjin.

he was abruptly turned around, dress twirling in a hypnotic perfect circle as jeongin was face-to-face with chan.