.08

the day drifted away faster than jeongin thought, the blush in his face from all the embarrassment from earlier was starting to feel like a tattoo for all the replaying in his head.

his mind was in another dimension as he stared at the blackboard of his math class, numbers, letters and whatever in the name of hell was those calculus dancing in front of his vision while he tried to ignore the constant smirk on hyunjin's face.

oh, my god, were mothers made just for embarrassing their children?

but it was when jeongin was putting his books away in his locker that his face actually lit up on fire, because as soon as he closed it, chan's face suddenly appeared right in front of him, dimples and curly hair and all.

jeongin let out a yelp.

"oh, sorry for scaring you." chan chuckled. "i'm just here to ask you something."

jeongin's heart stopped, than started again in full force, cold sweat starting to drip from all his pores. what in heavens would chan want to ask him? he already invited him to the party.

"w-what is it?" jeongin stuttered, hand reaching to grab the strap of his own backpack, gripping it so tight his knuckles became white. he was really on edge the whole day.

if chan noticed his nervousness, he didn't comment on it.

"i heard you're having trouble with your chemistry duo project?"

jeongin's eyes were wide open. "how did you...?" was chan some kind of stalker? not going to lie though, that made him look a gazillion times hotter. maybe that meant he actually had an interest on jeongin!

chan chuckled at his shocked reaction.

"changbin had commented on your proposal to chan switch partners with you, and yesterday made me realize why." he chuckled again.

jeongin frowned for a split second, wondering what he had seen in his rushed interaction with hyunjin at the cafeteria table that made chan think that.

"what do you mean?"

"well, it's just reasonable of you to want someone different since hyunjin isn't really uh... a straight a student."

jeongin's frown deepened with each of chan's words. was he implying that hyunjin was... dumb? if so, he had to make it clear that jeongin was not even close to be a straight a student either. in fact, he was worse than hyunjin in anything school-related.

it was kind of weird that chan had terribly misread the situation. the thing was, if that was just about hyunjin sucking at chemistry, jeongin wouldn't have a problem with it. he didn't discriminate. but what made him so desperate to change his current situation was that more time with hyunjin was equal to more time being teased, and jeongin was tired of it.

but then something clicked.

why would chan even be asking him that? only if he wanted to...

"do you want help with it?" chan asked.

jeongin's shoulders fell a little bit from slight disappointment. he thought he had finally gotten what he wanted, but getting chan's help was exceptionally cool, too.

actually, it was more than cool. at first, it didn't totally sink in his head that they would be able to see each other way more than usual (what read for almost never to almost every day, if jeongin pushed it a bit further).

"yes!" jeongin squealed, then remembered he wasn't alone nor talking to himself in his empty bedroom, and his cheeks went tomato red from major embarrassment, because chan was right there in front of him, smiling in amusement.

jeongin cleared his throat."i mean. yeah, sure. what about we start now after school? is it okay?" he asked, afraid chan would refuse, say he was busy and never see him again because of jeongin's eagerness.

"of course! i'm free today. got practice, though. it'll take about an hour maximum." chan replied, already turning to leave, waving at him in goodbye. "see you in a bit!" he said, and then left jeongin right there in the middle of the hall, red and embarrassed but at the same time very excited.

this time jeongin was wiser, waiting for chan to disappear through the other end of the hall and some more minutes to let out a little squeal.

then he almost had a heart attack when someone spoke right behind his ear. "what are you so excited for?"

jeongin turned around instantly just to find hyunjin really close behind him. jeongin pushed him away for invading his personal space like that.

"none of your business!" jeongin snapped back.

"huh." hyunjin gave him slit eyes, suspicious. but that was right: that was none of his business to begin with! "anyways, let's go home."

"what?" saying jeongin was confused was an understatement. "why?"

"felix is at practice and we have work to do."

that kind of made sense. at wednesdays, felix had football practice and couldn't go home along with him because jeongin thought it was really boring waiting for him to be done with practice and went home alone. and it was true that they had to work on their project.

but, wait! what about chan? dang it, he didn't think it through. of course hyunjin's annoying ass would be the reason he would miss being alone with chan.

hyunjin was grabbing at his arm to take him to the exit, but jeongin managed to get out of his hold.

"you know what? i really feel like watching practice today."