.19

jeongin felt like a caged animal, cornered against a wall. which was an irony since the stage was pretty damn wide (surprisingly wide, taking on count the shitty conditions the school was going through) and jeongin wasn't being all wrapped up with thick costumes that cut his circulation and barely let him breathe.

no, it was a different kind of cornered.

"i, the ceo of jyp enterprise, will not tolerate this insulting behavior!" chan threw a fist in the air in anger, then pointed a finger at the two, "it's not your choice to make! it's your father's!"

jeongin had tears in his eyes. he was talented enough to not need fake tears from eye drops to act well. "my future is not my choice? my life is not my choice?" he poked a finger into chan's chest, "my father doesn't have any authority over me anymore! i am a strong, independent woman!"

"you are not!" chan roared, grabbing jeongin's wrist, "you were sold to me! you are my property!"

"no!" jeongin cried out, hopeless in chan's hands.

this was stupid. jeongin should begin the habit of reading all the script for now on, not only his parts because, if he knew that it was going to be a poorly done, obnoxiously dramatic love triangle, he would've spared himself from it.

"hey!"

both chan and jeongin darted their eyes to a black, smoking hot hyunjin poised not too far from him (the stage was not that wide), legs evenly spaced from each other and arms crossed, living jeongin's analogy of a superhero ready to save the day.

"firstly, she's nobody's property but herself's!" jeongin felt chan's grip on him slowly unfold. "secondly, you should keep your hands to yourself. jerk!" and then fake-punched him.

well, he was supposed to fake-punch him... but it didn't look like it.

there were people rushing to help even before seungkwan started screaming again.

"cut! cut! cut!" seungkwan was livid. "what the fuck is your problem? was it soonyoung? did he tell you to do this?"

jeongin was on his knees close to chan, blindly feeling his face and barely hearing chan's protesting groans when he occasionally pressed at the skin that was starting to swell from the blow.

he was, against his will, staring at a careless, toothpick-biting-hyunjin, who was taking in silence every of seungkwan's angry nagging. he tried to divert his stare to somewhere else, but he couldn't.

hyunjin just looked so cool!

but such an amateur actor, really, that was extremely unprofessional of him. but jeongin suddenly realized that it was the second time hyunjin beat up chan, and finally understood what was going on.

hyunjin also looked at him as a brother! he felt such a fraternal possessiveness at seeing jeongin in the arms of a threatening man that he couldn't act against his brotherly instincts and hit him for real!

"you're lucky i'm desperate," seungkwan kept his nagging, "and won't kick you out because we're running out of time! get your shit together!"

someone got chan an ice pack to put on his eye, a black eye, as if hyunjin's new darkness left an imprint on him.

huh. jeongin would like to also be marked by him. just because he was cool.

***

"wow. i can't believe lanky, skinny hyunjin could beat that meaty boy," felix admitted over his phone. jeongin thought it amazing how his best friend could text seo changbin and talk to him at the same time. "maybe he's on the way to become a meaty boy himself!"

"i can't imagine that." jeongin could. he was just scared he would like it. "i mean, hyunjin hates the gym. it'd take a miracle to get his ass off his bed."

felix gave him a mischievous look, fingers still tapping along his phone. "you can get exercise on bed, too."

jeongin, like the fool he was, tried to list some bed workouts, and only after a whole minute understood felix's dirty joke and blushed, throwing a pillow at him.

the pillow knocked the phone off felix's tapping fingers and fell to jeongin's bedroom floor.

after letting out a fearful squeak, felix was quick to snatch the phone back, frantically searching for any damage. but, from what jeongin could see from his face, there was no physical damage.

"you made me send changbin what i was texting him!!!" felix exclaimed, eyes bulging out of their orbits.

"but... you were texting him?"

"it wasn't meant to be sent!"

"god, felix, what is in there?"

felix pressed the phone to his chest, not letting jeongin take a peak.

for a change, felix's love life became the subject that night, instead of jeongin's (nonexisting one, let's remember that!).