.16

the next day at school was like waiting to get a shot at the doctor's. it was inevitable, but he still had to face it.

everyone was talking about him and his discovered blood kink and how cute the mole in his belly was and that was not how he wanted to be remembered at all.

he wanted to be remembered by his terrific acting skills and his amazing stage presence.

and he absolutely did not want to be involved with hyunjin. at all.

but, well, he didn't have a choice.

"your father can't tear us apart! i love you, taylor!" hyunjin cried out as he reached for jeongin's hands.

"i know, my love, but if we go on with this, i fear he might try to kill you, and i can't--" jeongin sniffed, crying imaginary tears, "i can't let this happen!"

and reluctantly freeing his hands from hyunjin's, he turned his back at him, crying on his gloved hands. jeongin insisted on wearing the costumes, not because he liked them -- because, again, he was a straight young man! -- but because jeongin wanted to get used to them. so now he had a caked face, an itchy (but nonetheless snatched wig), a lovely flowy dress that made him feel like he was wearing a cloud and white silk gloves that were catching his invisible tears.

he felt a hand on his shoulder: hyunjin's hand. he wasn't on a costume, but he also wasn't going to play a different gender and jeongin would envy that if he was not playing the main role. sucks to be him.

"i'll kill him before that happens!" hyunjin proclaimed, "not because i fear death, but because i fear i wouldn't be able to find you in hell, for angels must go to heaven."

jeongin turned around, face to face with him, mustering the most believable tear-eyed love-stupid gaze he could afford, reaching for hyunjin's face and leaning in, until--

"okay, cut!" seungkwan's voice boomed through the theater room, "that was amazing guys!"

jeongin recoiled his hands back as if hyunjin's cheeks had burned them, rolling his eyes at hyunjin's smirk.

he was also wearing heels, which were fine but made going down the stairs an impossible mission, leaving him no choice but to accept hyunjin's helping hand to get down.

"great chemistry, i love it!" seungkwan commented to the other students around, "you guys should learn from those two... though it should definitely be the result of a great chemistry outside the stage, am i right?"

jeongin made an offended sound. "absolutely not! i'm just good like that." he said, extremely offended walking to the changing room to take off his costume. he was boiling under that wig. all the while grumpily mumbling how insulted he felt for having his professionalism underestimated.

he was still with the dress on as he cleaned his face off the makeup when hyunjin let himself in. it was pretty, but he didn't like the eyeshadow color. green just wasn't for him.

jeongin looked at the annoying boy behind him through the mirror. "what do you want?"

"just to thank you for taking me to the emergency room last night." he said honestly, than went back to be hyunjin, "that bastard could have seriously damaged this handsome face. you wouldn't want that, huh?"

jeongin rolled his eyes. than frowned. "wait, you remember? i thought you were drunk off your mind."

he seemed to hit something sensitive or something, because hyunjin looked flustered all of a sudden, nervously scratching the back of his neck and stuttering. "y-yeah, i was super drunk, the... nurse! told me the whole story, yeah."

jeongin raised an eyebrow, "the nurse was there to see 'that bastard' breaking your nose?"

it definitely cornered hyunjin against the wall. jeongin was puzzled. why was hyunjin trying so hard to make jeongin believe he was drunk?

"look, hyunjin, i'm really glad you saved me. i was wrong about you. you clearly have good morals."

hyunjin straightened his posture, but still looked vulnerable.

"yeah, i... totally saved you for... moral reasons." he took a bit too long to complete his thoughts, and each words sounded like they had a double meaning, but that must be just jeongin's tired brain projecting. he hadn't gotten much sleep the night before.

but then all out-of-character behaviors seemed to instantly vanish out of hyunjin, and he was back to be annoying. he looked jeongin up and down.

"you know... i like that dress on you." then he smirked at him, "but i prefer you shirtless while we do kinky blood stuff."

jeongin threw a hairbrush on his direction, but unfortunately missed.