.18

jeongin seriously needed some sleep. and watching seungkwan and soonyoung having a verbal fight first thing he sees as he enters the auditorium did not help his case.

"you can't just do that!" seungkwan yelled at his co-leader. "it's all filled up already, you just had to go behind my back and sabotage my work!"

soonyoung rolled his eyes. he looked as tired as jeongin. "i wasn't going behind your back nor was i sabotaging anything! jaehyun dropped out last minute and i just thought that--"

seungkwan pinched the bridge of his nose under his round-framed glasses. "i expected more of you."

soonyoung threw his arms up in exasperation.

suddenly, seungkwan's face changed drastically, and instead of the infuriated twist in his mouth, he had loving, understanding eyes. he calmly said, "soonie, what do you do before making a drastic change?"

"uh... i-i..." he stammered.

"you... CONTACT ME FIRST!" and stormed out of the auditorium.

jeez.

jeongin preferred to look around the place and search for hyunjin's dark clothes instead of looking at soonyoung's dumbstruck face, but he didn't find him.

why was hyunjin so cold to him earlier? was felix right? he was really hurt? he didn't have ill intentions last night, he just... spoke the truth.

well, suddenly he wasn't feeling so bad for hyunjin anymore. if that bastard couldn't take the truth, damn him! he'd been teasing and making fun of jeongin since he could remember so why can't jeongin do the same? childish! immature! fool! assho--

bang!

everybody fell in silence. even jeongin's thoughts ceased. because hyunjin, in all his fallen angel glory had just exploded into the room, making the double doors fly to each side to get out of his way. he'd never looked cooler to jeongin, standing tall and confident like a comic book's superhero.

jeongin lifted a hand to signal there was a seat next to him, but hyunjin didn't give him attention, his hand falling back on his thigh, cheeks on flame.

"wow, what an asshole." jeongin was startled but the new voice behind him. chan. what was he doing there?

"what are you doing here?" jeongin didn't really want to know. his tiredness was slowly evolving into a planet-sized headache and not even his 4-year-old-long crush had the power to take it away. not today, hyunjin. wait, no! uh, chan. chan was the crush, wha...

jeongin didn't wait for chan's reply. he fell asleep.

"what? did you poison him, too? is this all a scheme to make this play fail? first you kick out jaehyun and now you make our main star go into a coma?" jeongin was woken up with seungkwan's shouts.

"you have gone insane!" he heard soonyoung say and then the loud bang of the door falling shut.

jeongin opened his eyes. seungkwan was breathing heavily and almost shaking with anger. jeongin understood him. he was having a fight with his best friend... he knew what that felt like. his eyes automatically went to the black figure on the corner of the room, carelessly chewing on another toothpick.

chan appeared on his line of vision. "rise and shine!"

jeongin frowned, rubbing his eyes with a yawn. seungkwan was coming back, as soon as he put his eyes on jeongin, he was wildly clapping and yelling orders.

"okay, people, get to your places, we're starting in half a minute!"

***

they weren't rehearsing with the costumes today since they had such a short amount of time.

jeongin wished they were wearing something else. well, he wished hyunjin wore something else. that whole outfit was very distracting to jeongin's sleepy mind. or maybe it wasn't the outfit, jeongin pondered while sizing him up and down. there was something else about hyunjin... but what was it? his attitude, his posture, it all changed overnight. but there was something more to it, something that wouldn't make jeongin stop looking at him.

oh, wow, jeongin thought, finally realizing. hyunjin was... very attractive.

the mere thought of it brought color to jeongin's cheeks. how could he think of that of hyunjin? hyunjin, of all people?

the fact that chan was right next to him didn't change the fury of feelings jeongin was going through right now, not even to question why the hell he was there with them, on the stage.

"okay, everybody, let's do well! no pressure, but the deadline is next week and we have to be perfect!" seungkwan was spilling words like a faucet, "chan, do you think you can do it without the script? we have a rule of no scripts on stage."

jeongin furrowed his brows and he could see hyunjin mirrored the gesture from across the stage.

chan just nodded.

seungkwan looked relieved.

"alrighty. everyone, behold! the entrance of the supporting male lead!"

chan smiled showing all his teeth, all of them directed to jeongin.

fuck!