.24

jeongin was this close to giving up.

after all the felix drama, he forgot it his harsh reality and was surprised when hyunjin showed up on his door.

"okay, huh... everything's under control." hyunjin said, biting his nails nervously.

"didn't you know all of this just yesterday?"

"you see, i did. but now i don't."

"this is not a grammar lesson, hyunjin. this is life or death for the science world. and my grades." jeongin was on his way to get a migraine.

hyunjin had jeongin's laptop in front of him, but ignored several instructions from the guy in the video to improvise his way into the project. hyunjin's idea was to make the colors match the american flag.

"aha!" hyunjin exclaimed, "i did it! look, i made the water red!" then proceeded to show jeongin the cup. the water in it was dirty brown.

but jeongin wasn't exactly mad. he was glad hyunjin was back to his old self. so he just went along with it: "nice shade of red! wow! amazing!"

hyunjin, satisfied, put down the cup on the floor and went to the next to make it green.

the rest of the night with hyunjin was... unexpectedly pleasant. surprisingly, there was no bickering, no shouting, no nothing. just the two boys trying to do their best on an unnecessary science project.

well, that was a lie. they actually did bicker a bit, but it was a minor fight over whether or not the american flag had green in it. jeongin could've quickly googled it, but he let hyunjin win.

for now.

he should be glad jeongin was in a good mood.

---

they didn't completely finish the project, but it got way too late and they got way too tired and somehow jeongin woke up on the floor.

well, not exactly on the floor, though he could have almost been fooled, since hyunjin's pecs had become stiff as rocks. did he really joined the gym? did they just materialize, or did hyunjin slowly attainted those gains throughout the year? and if so...

why didn't jeongin notice?

he was so deep in his own thoughts that jeongin didn't realize he'd lifted himself to take a better look at hyunjin under him, hand bearing his weight right on top of hyunjin's chest, feeling the muscle.

what the fuck?

jeongin started to take his hand off, but out of a sudden hyunjin reached for it. was he awake this whole time?

he put jeongin's hand right back in place, over his pecs.

"you were feeling me up, innie?" he said, with the cockiest of cocky grins ever grinned.

but hyunjin wouldn't fluster him anymore. jeongin had moved on of being embarrassed. especially by him.

he let his hand rest there, lowkey groping hyunjin's chest, "what if i am?"

then jeongin experienced the strangest thing. this was a mind-blowing, world-shattering event which should be marked on the calendar as an international holiday, remembered in history books, a tale to be told at a campfire or at a family gathering.

hyunjin blushed.

jeongin, yang jeongin had hyunjin, hwang hyunjin, flustered. for the very first time in his life.

which, of course, made himself flustered as well. he didn't know he had the power. he didn't like it. maybe he should just live it to him.

jeongin cleared his throat, taking the hand away from the body under him, the most awkward he'd ever been in his own house. hyunjin was still on the floor, staring at him. jeongin's face grew redder.

"um... i think... huh..." words were hard to find in this situation. "do you want breakfast?"

he didn't know what entity possessed hyunjin, but he watched as the other boy looked at him up and down, then up and down again, stopping somewhere in his face, maybe his chin? had he drooled?

"yes. i'm famished." hyunjin said, rising up from the ground and going for the door.

distantly, jeongin heard his bathroom door click shut.