𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

EP 43: Pride and Prejudice

__________________

"Her Ladyship has been waiting for your arrival, Ms. Cha Haerin."
Leywin, who was their driver yesterday welcomed Haerin in front of the gate of the mansion. Heeseung and the others except for Ni-ki, Jungwon and Sunoo were inside the van, looking at her direction. The younger ones were left on Sunoo's house to rest.

You cannot see anything inside the gate, It was tightly secured and the walls were enormously large. Leywin walked towards Haerin and bowed his head politely

"A simple rule before entering the Shim's Mansion, Please submit all of your firearms. Weapons are prohibited inside the property."
Leywin kindly instructed her, reaching out his arms towards her direction.

Haerin took the gun from her pocket and gave it to Leywin. Leywin walked towards the direction if the van, knocking on it's rear door glass.

Heeseung lowered the window,

"If you wish to continue inside, Please submit the firearms inside the vehicle."
Leywin commanded them. Heeseung just shrugged his shoulder before speaking.

"We didn't brought anything. "
he simply said. Slightly skeptical, Leywin just nodded his head. It was pointless anyways if they'll fight inside the mansion right?

"That's all. Please follow the white vehicle."
Leywin lead the way towards the mansion, Haerin went inside the black van once again.

The gate opened, revealing the spectacular view of the Shim's Property.

"What the heck is this? A palace?"

"Didn't I told you it was really huge? "

After awhile, they finally reached the mansion. haerin was asked to follow Leywin towards the garden where Jake's mom is.

"Your Ladyship, the guest is finally here."
Leywin politely bowed his head, approaching the woman who was gracefully sipping on her cup of tea.

Shim Jessia glanced at Haerin, before turning towards Leywin.

"You may leave us, Leywin."
She commanded, the old man bowed his head once again before leaving the both of them alone.

"It's nice to meet you, Ms. Cha. You grew alot."
The woman doesn't have any expression that can be seen on her face.

"You didn't changed, Mrs. Shim. It was a pleasure of mine to be invited by you."
She bowed politely. Mrs. Shim just nodded her head an d pointed the chair in front of her.

"Please be seated, Ms. Cha. let's talk."
Haerin walked towards the chair without hesitation, gulping down her saliva while looking at the composed woman in front of her.

Mrs. Shim stared at her for a minute before opening her mouth for a conversation.

"I suppose you already know why did I invited you here."
Haerin nodded her head. Mrs. Shim held her cup and sipped on her tea.

"I can't scrutinize why are you forcing yourself to Jake."
Mrs. Shim looked at her with curiosity.

"And I must say he feel the same way."
That statement caught Haerin off guards.

'he feel.. the same way?'

"he acknowledge you so much that he's willing to give up his own freedom just to see you safe and sound once again."

"Because of that, I told him to stay away from you, cut all of his connection in South Korea and start again here."

"But why?"
Haerin cannot help it but to ask why.

"Because everything is going out of hand."

"What do you mean-"

"Are you certain that you know him, Ms. Cha?"
Haerin's forehead creased because of confusion. It was a foolish question for her.

"That's way too silly Mrs. Shim-"

"No It's not!"
Mrs. Shim took a deep breath to compose herself once again, shutting his eyes close before sipping on her tea to calm herself down.

"Isn't he the boy I once knew back then from your flower shop, Mrs. Shim? You know I know him very well."
Mrs. Shim shook her head.

"You don't know who are you dealing with, Ms. Cha... Do you even know why I exiled him from this mansion?"

"Isn't it because of Su Mina?"

Mrs. Shim bitterly smiled at her, tilting her head with disbelief.

'It was not?'

"You are way too naive, Young lady."
Mrs. Shim let out a remorseful laugh before speaking once again.

"Certainly, He loves you very much like you feel towards him."
The composed lady finally stood up from her seat.

"But I am afraid I am only protecting you. Do not put Haewon's death in vain, Stay away from Jake."
Mrs. Shim turned her back and walked. Haerin was there, frozen on her location and unable to say anything.

'My mom's death....?'

The Flower shop's incident.

"Why do you need to bring out my mother's name here, Mrs. Shim?"
Mrs. Shim stopped from walking to glance at her once again.

"She saved your life years ago. Do not waste the life she saved for my son-"

"How dare you insult us like that?"
Her cold eyes met the Lady's. Her whole mood changed causing Mrs. Shim to scoff.

"How low do you think your son is, To think that I am only wasting my life for him, Mrs. Shim? And how stupid do you think I am to not see through everything?"
She said with loathing. Mrs. Shim bitterly smiled at her once again.

"Do you really love him that much?"

Haerin took time to answer, She looked away, feeling slightly remorseful and embarrassed at the same time.

"Yes."

"Fine.." The lady once again turned her back towards Haerin, walking towards the mansion.

Before she can leave, she told Haerin something.

"Find a purple crocus inside the garden. If you found one, I'll set him free."

Haerin's hopes went up.

This is the chance.

In order to take Jake back from his mother.

Is it possible?

____

Jake was there, Listening on their conversation and hiding on the back of the entrance, His mom glanced at him.

Jake glared at her, Intense resentment can be seen in his eyes. Mrs. Shim smiled at him.

"Do you know how cruel you are?"
He asked her.

"I know."
She looked at Jake and devilishly grinned.

"We never planted any Purple Crocus on the garden because of you, Jaeyun. It's your fault that she'll believe a false hope."
She walked inside the house, Leaving Jake there. He looked again at Cha Haerin who now began to search for the flower.

What will you do now, Jake?

___________________