𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲

EP 50: Shades of Red

______________________

Haerin's

I dialed Minji's phone number while walking to the dressing room. I woke up without Jake again. He have some early meetings to attend so I can't say anything about that. I'm planning to drop by on his office anyways. It's fine.

"Hello? Am I talking to Minji right now?"
It seems like Minji didn't took the phone call. Naturally, She'll respond with just a single ring but now It took her time to pick it up.

"Why are you calling?"

"I knew it. You're with Minji this early in the morning again, Mr. Lee? Ain't this quite fishy?"
It seems like something is really going on between them. Well, I'm happy for them. Besides, They are on the legal age already. They can do what they want.

"Aniyo. She just forgot her phone on my house after she gave the documents yesterday."

"Oh really? Okay if you say so." I put my shoes on and continued. "I need a lift, can you tell her to pick me up right now?"

"What do you mean-"

"Stop the preface Lee Heeseung I know she's there. Do not worry I am not mad or something. "

"Tsss smartass. I'l pick you up instead. She's still sleeping."

"As far as i remember Minji is the most punctual person I ever met. She woke up earlier than the sun.  how strange.. What did you just do?"

"Think what you want to think about Haerin-ssi, I'll pick you up within 5 minutes."
He just ended the call like that. 

You have more things to think about than this. Cha Haerin, focus.

________________

"So where are you going?"
Heeseung arrived after a few minutes. He already knew the address even though I recently moved house. I guess Minji told him.

"The Shim's company building."
He looked at me with curiousity.

"Looking for Jake?"

"Nope."
A much more curious googly eyes looked at me. 

"I'm gonna talk to Mrs. Shim."

What happened last night made me slightly skeptical about the things that happened in the past. It's not that I don't trust Jake but I just feel like I need another side of the story. And Mrs. Shim will be the best witness. 

"Is it all about the wedding?"
He started the car engine, driving towards the location of the Shim's company building.

"You know Haerin... About Jake..."
I looked at him, seeing him hesitating from talking. 

"What is about him?"
My forehead creased a little.

"Nothing. Nevermind."

Huh?

____________

Sunghoon's