𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲𝐭𝐰𝐨

EP 22: I JUST WANT TO KEEP YOU SAFE!

_____________

Haerin shut her eyes closed, finally accepting her death.

"tell Satan that i'll join him after a few more years."
Jungwon's devilish grin widen, his index finger closing the gap between the trigger and his skin..

*bang!

The trajectory of the gun suddenly shifted, the bullet hit the ceiling as Jake swiftly pulled Jungwon's cardigan towards him. His cold eyes met Jungwon's, killing him with his deadly glare.

"How dare you.."
His cold words was already enough to stun the younger.
Jake's fist hit Jungwon's jaw— The latter flew on the other side of the room.

"ackkk-!"
Jungwon gasped out of air with the sudden pain on his face. He held his aching jaw and glared at Jake.

He was fvcked up.

Jake's glare was more vicious. The piercing eyes of him struck Jungwon on his place, the younger just waited for him to assault.

"I knew it... I should have not let her go with you!!"
He gritted his teeth and moved on top of Jungwon, Punching him on the face consecutively until the latter pass out.

"Jake....?"

Jake went back to reality, his eyes soften and turned towards Haerin.

"Haerin!"
Jake rushed towards Haerin's location, seeing the woman helplessly sitting on the floor. He felt a sudden throbbing pain on his chest because of her state. He knelt in front of her and looked at her with concern

"Are you hurt? Look at you... what happened?"
A hint of worrying and agitation can be heard on his voice as he inspect Haerin.

She was madly trembling, She thought it was her end. Her head was hung low, she isn't thinking straight anymore because of fright.

"Hey.... Look at me.. It's okay now."
Jake raised her chin for her to look at him. He apologetically smiled and held her hands, squeezing it softly.

His fists were bleeding because of how many times he punched Jungwon but he never cared. his first priority is Haerin's comfort.

"You're safe now, Haerin.."

His comforting words made Haerin teared up. She collapsed on his shoulder, he embraced her tightly and caressed her back as she cried on him.

"Why is it always like this.... *sob* He really wants to get rid *sob"* of me that bad huh..."

It was the first time he saw her at her weakest.

The strong and fierce Cha Haerin

Is still a woman.

She can still be vulnerable and fragile at some times. Cha Haerin is still a human.

"hush now Haerin..... It's okay-"

"It's not okay!"
She pushed him away from her, breaking his tight embrace. He looked at her as if he's asking why. Haerin glared at him with slight resentment.

"I KNOW YOU KNEW SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! AND DON'T YOU EVER LIE THAT YOU DIDN'T BECAUSE IT'S OBVIOUS! IT'S FREAKING THE HELL OUT OF ME THAT I AM THE ONLY ONE CLUELESS ABOUT THE WHOLE SITUATION!!"
Haerin took a deep breath, Feeling heavy about everything, nothing sinks inside of her head other than knowing the truth.

" p-please tell me why... "
Jake looked down. Unable to find words if he should really tell her or not.

"I am sorry... Haerin-"

Haerin snapped. Anger filled her because of Jake still keeping what he knew as his own secret.

"I ALMOST DIED FOR THE NTH TIME EARLIER AND YOU'RE STILL KEEPING THE TRUTH??! I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!"
Haerin wiped her tears off and tried her best to stand up. Her legs were trembling because of how hard Jungwon beat her up but she didn't cared.

The moment she took a step, her knees went weak, she started to lose her balance once again.

"Ms. Cha..."
Jake ran towards her front, hugging her weak body and preventing her from falling.

"Do not touch me."

She's falling...

For him.

Slowly, but surely.

"I cannot let you go... I'm really sorry for making you upset but please.. try to understand me."
Haerin took a deep sigh and calmed herself.

'understand you?'

"I'm upset because i don't know what will happen to me in the future... "
She buried her face on his chest and cried.

"But i am more upset because you never trusted me and my decisions. I don't even know why i am feeling this way!"
He was dumbstruck. Unable to utter any words, he listened to her in silence.

"I hate it. I hate you! I hate you for making me feel this way!! I was never like this! Cha Haerin was never clueless! I am Cha Haerin!"
She punched his chest a countless times while letting her emotions out. Jake was just hugging her, doing nothing but to listen on her pounding heartbeat and her low cries.

Jake caressed her nape and held her tighter,

" It's not that i want to hide the truth to you-"

"but you made a fool out of me!"
Haerin pushed him away.

Jake finally snapped.

"Because i want to protect you!!"

Haerin was shocked, her mouth went wide open

"It's better for you to not know the truth for now! I am doing this for your sake!"

"Why-"

"Because no matter how much i deny it, My mind keeps on telling me to protect you at all cost! And i can't run away from that fact!"

"Maybe it's irresistable now.."

Jake stared at Haerin, his eyes were full of adoration, hesitation and uncertainty.

It was mixed up, but he knew the only solution for what is happening.

"Ms. Cha..."

"Let's cancel the contract we made."

"I'll sign the deal instead, Marry me, Cha Haerin. "

________________

I wrote this with just my left hand. I'll sleep now. Bye.