𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

EP 24: Circle Room Talks

_____________________

"Wait here. I'll handle everything."
Haerin commanded Jake and tried to open the door. Before she can even leave, Jake held her wrist, stopping her from going outside.

Haerin glared at Jake and asked.

"What's your problem?"
She muttered in an irritated tone. Jake hissed, finding himself sighing and glancing at Haerin's direction.

"Are you sure you can handle it from here?"
Haerin's tongue reached the side of her cheek, her eyes rolled a hundred and eighty degrees with an annoyed expression.

"Do not treat me like a child Mr. Shim."
jake just chuckled at her actions.

She was too fed up. Her sudden mood shift just told him to never mess with Haerin no matter what.

"how nostalgic, I can still recall that time when you told me the same thing."
He snickered. Haerin hissed and looked at his hands that was holding her wrist.

"let go now. "
She commanded with emphasis. Jake let her arm go and watched her walk inside the private hospital.

'Will she be okay tho...?'

"room 340..."
Haerin whispered to herself as she count the numbers in front of the doors on the hallway.

310...

320...

330...

340.

She took a deep breath and twisted the knob, It wasn't locked. Haerin's eyebrows started to furrow itself the moment she realized that there's no security personnel in front of the door just like the usual.

'they know..?' 

Haerin held the door and peeked on the peephole.

She saw two security guards pointing their guns in front of the door. One wrong move and they'll shoot for sure. If she didn't thought that quick, They might have already killed her.

But not today.

Satan is on her side.

Haerin pointed her gun on the door and shoot them from the outside.

"Perhaps you are about to throw a party for me, Mr. Cha."
She glared at the diseased man sitting on the hospital bed. She kicked the dead bodies in front of her while gritting her teeth. He grinned at her while waving at her direction.

"Pointing your gun in front of an old man is disrespectful, honey."
Her father snickered. Haerin hissed, her glare growing more intense than ever.

"You don't deserve any bit of my respect."
Haerin's hands trembled because of her overwhelming anger. Her father just smiled at her and slowly stood up from his bed.

"Stay away from me."
She commanded with authority. As if he is deaf, Mr. Cha closed the gap between him and his daughter. He held the gun towards his chest and smiled at her.

"You're finally deserving for the position."
He smiled at her meaningfully.

Haerin shut her eyes close and recollected her thoughts. Her hand fell on her sides as she stared at her father.