𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

EP 29: My Muse, Haerin

______________

Third Person's

"It seems like something very urgent for you to come all the way here Mr. Shim. State your deal."
Haerin took a sip of her coffee while looking at the man in front of her.

"I heard about your wedding with Jake. It seems like our plan worked out."
Mr. Shim let out a soft chuckle, Haerin nodded her head slightly, scoffing after. Shim Jaehwan cleared his throat and spoke once again.

"But, Are you really sure about this Ms. Cha?"
Haerin's attention went towards the old man, her eyebrows curved a little and her eyes looked at him as if asking why is he asking such odd question now.

"Why should I back out now? something's bothering you?"

"No- It's not like that."

'suspicious. too suspicious.'
Haerin took a sip on her tea one again while looking at him, she began to analyze what the old man is thinking.

Shim Jaehwan wasn't dumb. He knows her very well, he made sure she can't read what he's thinking as of the moment.

"You see.. It's not just the above ground business that will be tied. Even the underground transactions of Shims and the Nexus Group will be revealed to both parties. Are you really sure that you'll do this despite knowing the truth?"
The side of Haerin's lips slightly curved for a sly smile.

'peculiar. I know he's hiding something.'

"If you are worrying about that, We can adjust the contract for the underground premises and make sure to establish boundaries for privacy on both parties."
her eyes sharpened, The old man gulped with anticipation.

"Besides, We already talked about what we'll do after the marriage. I know you are aware of the possibilities that will happen underground too. Regardless of what is currently happening right now, We'll continue the agenda."

"But-"

"It seems like you are hiding something from me Mr. Shim. Care to spill the tea? "
Haerin started to corner him on the wall of questions, Mr. Shim's eyes fluttered and looked away.

"Are you perhaps not confident with your son now?"
Haerin smirked at him, He went frozen on his position, unable to say anything, Haerin continued.

"The ventures of the Shims and the Nexus Group will be phenomenal both above ground and underground so you shouldn't worry about anything Mr. Shim. If you have time to worry about something that trivial..." haerin stood up from her seat "Shouldn't you be worrying about you aging quite fast already? you are starting to grow senile. How sad."
She took her bag and walked passed him. but before she can even leave, The old man grabbed her wrist, preventing her from walking any further.

"I just wanna warn you that the Shims are much more dangerous than what you thought. Please still take precautionary measures."

'Is he trying to threaten me?'

"Ofcourse I will, Mr. Shim."
he let her wrist go, Haerin left and walked outside to grab some fresh air.

'That manipulative old man..'
Haerin took a deep sigh as she left the coffee shop.  The old man stressed her out for some reasons, it seems like she still suspicious of Shim Jaehwan.

Well that can't be helped.

*ting!

A notification sound came out from her phone, signalling her that someone messaged her. She looked on the screen, seeing a registered number just messaged her.