𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

EP 20: Overthinking

_________________

Third Person's

8:32 pm

"he's still not gonna come?"
Sunghoon scoffed and looked away, trying to avoid eye contact from her, he uncomfortably cleared his throat as he fixed his ties.

"still busy."
The latter wander his eyes all over the restaurant.

"I see.." Mina took a deep sigh, Sunghoon glanced at her direction just to see her state. "So he'll continue this scheme up until i give up huh?" Mina bitterly smiled at him.

"You lied to him afterall, what do you expected him to feel? Grateful that you suddenly came back after a very long time without anything from you?"
Sunghoon snickered, clicking his tongue afterwards.

"I know he will understand me. I came back for him."

Mina was persistent and desperate. It made Sunghoon laugh even more.

"What do you mean by you came back for him? You only came back for yourself."
He leaned his elbows on the table and glared at her.

"He's good without you. You should go back to where you came from."
Sunghoon mocked at her and grinned.

"I won't."
The feverish smile on his face slowly deteriorated, A hint of irritation slowly showing in his eyes.

"I already tried my best to convince him. Don't rely on me anymore."

"Then I won't."

Sunghoon snapped, he slammed his hand on the table making everyone on the restaurant flinch.

"Say something other than that shit, will you?"
He glared at her. Mina stood up from her seat and took her bag.

"I won't rely on you anymore, "
She smirked at him, annoying him even more.

"I'll do it myself."

She'll never give up.

Sunghoon took a deep breath and rolled his eyes.

"I won't stop you right there."
He took the wine glass and spinning it slowly.

"Just don't blame me if you get yourself killed by the Shims. "
He told her, Mina turned to him and glared back at Sunghoon. Sunghoon shrugged his shoulder and took a sip on his wine.

"You stole something on their cartel, You faked your death and runaway with the money. Uncle Jaehwan was just being lenient with you because Jake pleaded them"

"But because of you, he was now tied on his father's fingers, His mother neglected him and he was almost exiled from their family."

"You were already forgotten by the Shims. but if you were to relive the past, They might hunt you again and this time, they might kill you now."
The boy smirked at Mina. Mina gulped her saliva and turned her back towards Sunghoon.

"I came back to fix what i ruined. I don't care if it will kill me or not."
Sunghoon just chuckled at her.

"How pathetic. You should wish that he's not yet happy with Ms. Cha."
Mina's eyebrows curved, Sunghoon stood up from his chair and walked towards her.

"Ms. Cha?"

"you didn't know?"
Sunghoon patted her shoulder before walking towards the exit.