𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

EP 57: Trust Issues

________________

"What should we do now? Heeseung-hyung is really on his side huh? This is way too fvcked up."
Jungwon panted a bit, worriedly looking at Sunghoon who was glaring at the door where Jake left. Jungwon continued, no matter what if Sunghoon is listening or not.

"we need to contact them to tell them that Heeseung-hyung is not our ally or-"

"What if he's just deceiving us?"
Sunghoon looked at Jungwon with an eager expression on his eyes. "I know that Heeseung-hyung will never do that to us." said by Sunghoon. Jungwon hissed and rolled his eyes.

"What do you know about him Mr. Park? It's not like he's your dearest friend."

"But he's Haerin's friend."

"As far as I remember Jake is your friend too. Didn't he betrayed you? Mr. Park?"
Jungwon emphasized the honorifics, not wanting to call him casually anymore, The boy's immaturity shows because of his undeniable frustration.

"He called Lee Heejin, Not Lee Heeseung. Heeseung and his father are way too different from each other. I'm sure that Heeseung-hyung will never betray us."
Sunghoon said, reassuring the boy on his side that was clouded with doubt and frustration.

"Trust him my ass.."
Jungwon just rolled his eyes and sighed. He brought out the key on his sleeve and unlocked himself from the chains on his wrists and ankles.

Sunghoon's eyes went wide, seeing the latter escaping his chains.

"You have a key?"
jungwon looked at him and smirked.

"I think that dumbass brought two keys and forgot that he actually did."
The moment when Jake stomped on Jungwon's back was the moment he woke up. Jake was too focused with Sunghoon that he didn't realized Jungwon sneaking his hand inside his pocket and successfully taking the key from him.

"Unlock my chains too-"

"there's no need to do that. You are useless."
Sunghoon glared at Jungwon who was now slowly walking towards the table. his right foot is broken and he can't move properly but he gathered all of his strength and rushed towards the table.

"what are you...."
Sunghoon watched him as he picks up Jake's phone on the table. Jungwon dialed a numbefr and talked to someone.

"hello? Jay-hyung?"

"yang Jungwon do not do that-"

"yes. It is me, Jungwon. Jake caught us and he told us everything. Listen very carefully hyung."
Jungwon glanced at Sunghoon first before continuing.

"No. Do not tell them."
Sunghoon mouthed frustatedly. Jungwon ignored him and spoke up.

"Stay away from Lee Heeseung. He's Jake's accomplice. Save Ms. Cha and Mrs Shim from him. You can do it, hyung."

"YANG JUNGWON!"
Sunghoon shouted with frustration, Jungwon hung up the call so that they won't hear Sunghoon anymore.

"Why are you doing this, Yang Jungwon?"
Sunghoon glared at Jungwon who just shrugged his shoulder.

"It seems like you are trusting him very well. way too sketchy, I'm starting to think that everything inside here is staged."
Jungwon said, walking towards the door and quickly taking his leave.

Things are going out of hand now.

Betrayal.

_________________

"I've already contacted the Chief in Charge of Busan Police. They will not meddle on your business anymore."

Jake smiled at himself, hearing the good news from Lee Heejin on the other side of the phone. He is already driving to Busan, with his laptop turned on on the shotgun seat since he's monitoring the tracker on his mom's clothes.

"very well, Mr. Lee. Your help is much appreciated."
He politely said, keeping his grin on his face.

"About that, You already know what to do right Mr. Shim?"

"Yah, I always keep my promise. Do you need their locations right now?"

"Yes."

"Sangsang-gu, Busan. they are right there."
he lied. Sunghoon and Jungwon were actually on his house in Seoul but he told him a different address.

"i'll mail you the exact location later since I am driving. Goodbye, Mr. Lee."

he hung up the call after bidding his farewell, not even wanting to hear the latter's reply.

"I'll let you watch how I'll kill your son in front of you, Mr. Lee.. He was one meddlesome brat too afterall. hahahaha!"
he chuckled obnoxiously with his own thoughts. Sunghoon was right, he was bluffing about Heeseung being his sub ordinate.

"They must have been losing their minds already by now... HAHAHAHA!"
Jake stepped on the accelerator, speeding up his car as he drove on the highway of Busan.

Up until someone called him yet again. An unregistered number.it was from a payphone.

Jake unwillingly answered the phone, thinking is was a prank call or a wrong number.

"hello?"

The other side was silence, the only thing you can hear was loud breathing, or should I say panting?

"Hello?"
Jake was about to click the end call button but then the other side spoke up.

"jaeyun....."

His foot immediately shifted from the accelerator to the brake, stopping the car right away in the middle of the road.

"jake.... let's meet."

joy started to fill him up, his smile slowly grew wide.

"Cha.... Haerin...."

At last, after awhile, he finally heard her voice once again.

________________

"Jay-hyung we have a major problem!!"
Sunoo rushed towards Jay who was on the veranda of the house. his mood was utter dark because of what Jungwon told him earlier.

"What is it?"
Sunoo looked at him with a worried face.

"Cha Haerin... is missing."

"What?"

"She's not on her room!! we do not know how she sneaked out. We already had the whole security looking for her."

"What did you just said?"
heeseung entered the veranda, his eyes were rounded wide as he looked at the two.

"Cha Haerin-"
Sunoo didn't even had the chance to continue his sentence, Jay ran towards Heeseung and held his collar up.

"What the fvck Park Jay?"
Jay glared at Heeseung while gritting his teeth. Heeseung glared back at him, not knowing why the latter is mad at him.

"This is all your fault."

"Me? Why are you blaming me?"

"Drop the preface. It doesn't look good on you."
Jay hissed and punched Heeseung.

The walls of their trust are starting to crumble.

With the amount of doubt they have towards each other,

who is real and who is not?

_______________________

here's an update, hope y'all are doing well! lovelots!

-eishi