CHAPTER FOURTY THREE: THE QUICKENING

Klaude stands in awe as he watches Arwen's enthralling performance but has his thoughts interrupted as he feels someone brush past him

Klaude stands in awe as he watches Arwen's enthralling performance but has his thoughts interrupted as he feels someone brush past him. Annoyed he turns towards the culprit only to see Ebony Raduron who stands beside him, her face emotionless and blank as she stares ahead.

He glances at her in question and Ebony's eyes dart to his for a moment before she inclines her head slightly and starts walking away from the beach, through the grass.

Sighing, Klaude receives the message and follows her, no one noticing them both leave as they are too preoccupied with Arwen's performance on the beach.

Luckily for Ebony, Klaude had been sitting at the edge of the dais, so his absence will not be noticed anyway.

Eventually he catches up to her and Ebony wastes no time once they reach the valley as she drags Klaude into her private tents, her surprisingly sharp nails digging into Klaude's wrists making him wince slightly.

He nearly trips over as she drags him in and then keeps pulls him along to her small table in the centre of the tent and sits him down in one chair while she takes the other.

As soon as they are both seated Ebony gets straight to the point.

"How have you been getting on, in regards to breaking your father and my sister's alliance?" Ebony asks, obviously impatient to get an answer as she practically leans across the table in her anticipation for an answer as if she could rip the answer from his vocal cords. Klaude has no doubts that she isn't capable of it.

Klaude shuffles around uncomfortably before scratching his head, "I haven't got around to it I'm afraid," he says, a feeble excuse at best, "I've been too busy trying to make Arwen fall for me like you and Cierra instructed."

Ebony's nails dig into the table as she leans over it further almost on his side, almost growling like a wolf as she replies, "That is the minor part of my plan," She seethes in frustration, standing up from her chair, "I needed you to do this Klaude."

"My father has been away mostly on business, spending most of his time with Cierra and conversing with my uncle, the king, if you wanted my full attention then you should keep your sisters paws off of my father," Klaude snaps, feeling anger at the Radurons for a moment. He doesn't not know why his father goes to Cierra's chambers so often. But even a fool can guess. What about his mother on the mainland? Has his father forgotten her already?

His mother, who sacrificed her own political power and her friendship with Queen Halia and left her home all because she made the mistake of falling for a wild Valostran prince. He does think Grayson still loves Klaude's mother but he is foolish, easy to give in to lust.

"Oh you stupid boy," Ebony mutters more to herself than him, her fury increasing by the second.

Before he can reply, she starts pacing and muttering, running her hands through her silver hair repeatedly before she slams her hands down on her table,