CHAPTER FIFTY THREE: UMBRA

Arwen and Klaude sit in his enormous guest bedroom today, resting a little after their stroll around Draven Mansion's grounds and then sneaking down to the kitchen for snacks

Arwen and Klaude sit in his enormous guest bedroom today, resting a little after their stroll around Draven Mansion's grounds and then sneaking down to the kitchen for snacks. They're lucky the kitchen staff their admiration of Queen Arwen is stronger than their fear of Cierra otherwise one of them would've rushed straight to her study to tell her and she would surely punish Arwen.

The shadow queen is kept on a strict diet at all times, Cierra starts calling her a dratah if she eats anything else.  An old shadow term that roughly translates to pig.
But today Arwen has decided to risk it. Today she is happy like she has been recently. It's so foreign. This feeling of euphoria.

Arwen smiles as she glances at Klaude who is gazing off into the outside distance through his window and eats another sweet that the kitchen gave them. Lemon sherbets. Delicious. At her rustling the small white paper bag Klaude turns to look at her, smiling as he does so.

"Leave some for me dear," he says watching and she shakes her head, a playfulness sparking in her eyes as she snatches the bag away from him.

"If you snooze you lose princeling," Arwen replies jokingly.

"Well as a prince I think I'm entitled to certain privileges not to mention the fact you're in my bed, you really owe me some sort of sweet reward," he says reaching over her waist to get closer to both the bag and her which makes her blush instantly much to his satisfaction.

"Well you see Klaude the issue is that I'm a queen, which trumps a common prince like you any day," she says with a smirk as she slowly put enough sweet in her mouth, "and I'll decide when and how you'll get any rewards."

"Such a tease," Klaude replies with a lazy smile as he rescinds his hands from her waist tucking them behind his head as he leans back on a pillow.

"But you love me anyway," Arwen says to which he nods.

"Of course," he says, "I am hopelessly and madly in love with you."

"I wouldn't joke about madness on this particular island," Arwen replies, secretly beaming on the inside. It makes her feel euphoric every time Klaude says he loves her and when he shows it.

Of course Klaude has been her first and only lover but she never expected the experience to feel so good. Well not at first. But now. She can't get enough of him and him of her.

Klaude just shakes his head in more amusement to her words,

"I'll never get over how different this place is to Valostra," he says, "but I'll get used to it when I'm king consort I suppose."

King consort. Her king consort. She is not sure she's ready for their lives if she becomes queen crowned. They won't be here, where they're usually left alone for the main part. If they move to the Volroy all eyes with be upon them and they will have to deal with a minefield of political intrigue and the corruptness of court.