CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: UMBRA

"You look beautiful Arwen," Klaude says, complimenting his bride to be as he sees her trying on a dress for the event that the Raduron's have put on for the Shadow Court

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"You look beautiful Arwen," Klaude says, complimenting his bride to be as he sees her trying on a dress for the event that the Raduron's have put on for the Shadow Court.

It is a ridiculously elaborate piece and is smothered in onyx gems along with black diamonds, shining every time it catches the evening light.

"I agree," Ebony says, who is also in Arwen's chambers to help her prepare for the ball. And Klaude, well he's here simply because he says his own chambers are boring and he far prefers hers, well he didn't say that in Ebony's presence, instead opting to whisper it in Arwen's ear with his usual seductive tones of suggestion.

"I look like a walking piece of jewellery," Arwen states looking at her gown distastefully. It is far too much. Commissioned by Cierra specially. Apparently important people from all around the island and as usual Cierra wants to show off and demonstrate her wealth as if the whole damned island wasn't already aware of the Raduron's wealth and aristocracy. It's a good thing they're so rich that they neglect to check all the money, jewels and wealth in their vaults regularly because Arwen has taken a few things for her and Klaude.

"That's the whole point my darling," Ebony says, smoking from her silver pipe.

"It's grotesque," Arwen says turning to her side to analyse her reflection a little more in her ornate mirror.

"It's powerful," Ebony says, "clothes aren't just for a woman to look good, they're for statements and expression, a symbol - my sister knows what she's doing."

That makes Klaude raise an eyebrow. The last time he properly talked to Ebony she was hellbent on murdering Cierra to then take her place. But since they are no longer allies Klaude cannot tell what her true motives are or her end goals. But still she is better than Cierra at least. They only thing he can say for certain about Ebony is that she at least cares for Arwen. Cierra is an emotionless bitch who would slaughter everyone in this damned mansion, including her own flesh and blood, if it meant she could wear the island's crown.

"Cierra can go to hell," Arwen mutters which makes Ebony raise her eyebrows in surprise, taking note of Arwen's slight change in behaviour the past few days. The young queen seems more confident, more self assured and free/firm with her opinions and decisions.

The Arwen Ebony knew a year ago would never dare speak of Cierra Raduron in such a manner. The old Arwen was a quiet little mouse petrified of Ebony's older sister. But somehow she doesn't seem as scared anymore. It makes Ebony's heart warm a little, she is proud of how far Arwen has come. Ebony knows from experience how cruel Cierra can be.

"She may indeed go to hell one day but until hell freezes over my dear sister will not let you get out of wearing this dress," Ebony says, exhaling the smoke from her pipe watching it disappear into the air in wisps.

Arwen sighs at that, "why must I attend the ball, Klaude and I had plans to go into town."

"At this hour and without a chaperone?" Ebony questions, smirking to herself, "scandalous."

ONE DARK QUEEN ❖ (A Three Dark Crowns Tale)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें