Beginning Note

This a fanfiction of Three Dark Crowns which is seventy years after the ascension of the poisoner, Queen Arsinoe, after the traitor Jules Milone drowned mysteriously shortly after her own ascension. Emilia Vatros was executed soon after, the Vatros family were stripped of their power as they tried to fight and the Murtras rose to rule over Bastian City.

The Vatroses were blamed heavily, a lot more so then the Milones as they were the ones who taught the traitor the art of war and encouraged her to try and usurp the crown. All allies of the Legion Queen were forced to back down and those who didn't were publicly executed as a warning to others.

The Milone family were also stripped of their power for a time but they did not fight and weren't as responsible as the Vatroses so they kept their lives and Queen Arsinoe (in her later years as queen) argued that since they always were the most powerful naturalist family they should be restored to power, providing they use their gifts to benefit the island more. So the Milones were left in peace, the line continuing through Caragh Milone.

Out of fear of the Goddess, the island reverted back to the natural cycle of queens and Arsinoe was brought back to the island and crowned as the only surviving triplet of that line.

Billy Chatworth never returned to Fennbirn or Arsinoe.

She married a suitor from the kingdom of Salkades, known for their warriors, from the mainland. She was never again happy, for she had lost everyone and was forced to be queen.

Nonetheless, she ruled until thirty three years and bore three triplets Queen Halia (war gifted), Queen Serra (naturalist) and Queen Isobel (poisoner). Queen Halia won, a fierce and beautiful war gifted queen at the age of eighteen after Queen Arsinoe had previously made it law that the triplets should not compete until they were eighteen years of age, rather than sixteen to prepare them more.

With this cycle going smoothly and with Queen Halia proving to be a strong queen, the islanders restored their faith in the queens line and thought they were safe but little did they know that the Goddess has been waiting all this time, for the right moment to send a special queen to be born in the line of triplets. To punish the islanders for forsaking her during the rise of the legion cursed warrior Jules Milone and to regain the power that was stolen from her.

This is the line of triplets that will determine the fate of Fennbirn. And whether the Goddess intends to save them or destroy them.

———

A/N: The following a list of some of the characters in the story as there are quite a number of characters lol, tho feel read through it if you wish but if it doesn't interest you, feel free to head on to the first chapter. Happy reading and I hope you enjoy :)

———

THE QUEENS:

QUEEN ARWEN (a shadow)

QUEEN NALANI (an elemental)

QUEEN CARINA (a poisoner)

THE BLACK COUNCIL:

Pele Murtra - Head of the Black Council - war gifted (Queen Halia's foster sister along with Hecate Murtra)

Valentina Hargrove - gift less (richest gift less family on the island)

Malakai Murtra - war gifted (husband of Pele)

Evangeline Antere - war gifted

James Antere - war gifted (husband of Evangeline)