CHAPTEE THIRTY FIVE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT

"You poisoned and manhandled a queen," Pele hisses as she looks down at her son in pure anger

"You poisoned and manhandled a queen," Pele hisses as she looks down at her son in pure anger. Stupid boy. Absolutely stupid. She cannot for the life of her think why he thought this was acceptable behaviour. This is Fennbirn not some silly foreign mainland; the queens' are scared and Achilles has violated one.

Achilles only shrugs, ever the arrogant and reckless boy now man that he's always been,  "she would've given me a hard time in retrieving her whether I weakened her or not, I was protecting myself from getting roasted alive from her gift."

"Oh how do you know that you stupid boy, you didn't even consider a diplomatic approach," Pele snaps, loosing her temper completely. Usually she can be relied on to keep a cool head about her but when it comes to her children they can always be relied on to get a rise out of her with their stupid actions.

"Well the fact that she snuck away in the first place proved that she didn't want to be here," Achilles explains calmly not phased at all at the snarling lioness standing in front of him.

"You were supposed to be guarding her," Pele says shaking her head in exasperation and anger. Still cursing both on the inside and outside at this situation.

"I went to her encampment as you instructed only to find her two guards drugged and unconscious and no elemental queen to be found," Achilles says, "I didn't know what danger she was in, I had to track her down."

"Then you poisoned her and carried her back here against her will," Pele says, struggling to understand her son in the slightest.

Achilles just sighs and Pele slams her hand down on the table with such force that everything shudders and Achilles has the good sense to let a small glimmer of fear shown in his eyes.

"It was just some simple herbs to temporarily dilute her gift, her going to sleep was a side effect, and I brought her back here safely and I am currently guarding her," he says, gesturing to the bed where Nalani lays, still unconscious and sleeping almost peacefully. For now. It will not be long until she wakes up but if the herbs work correctly, she shouldn't remember a thing.

"I don't think you realise how serious this is," Pele hisses, "you've committed a crime, you have poisoned a queen and then manhandled her, essentially kidnapping her."

She starts pacing as she keeps talking, "you are lucky that you are my son otherwise you could face serious penalties that I would have to issue as Head of the Black Council perhaps even death."

"Thank the Goddess boy for if you weren't my son then you would be punished severely," she repeats shaking her head, "though I am the leader of the island my family comes first before the rest of Fennbirn and I am your mother and you are my son, I will protect you with every breath so no one else will know."

Achilles nods, grateful but still irritated, "I don't need your protection."

He doesn't mean to sound rude but he is a man, a warrior and he doesn't need his mother to protect him,