CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT

Arwen smiles as she takes in the smell and atmosphere of Innisfuil Valley, the sacred home of the Beltane festival where many queens have displayed great power and many triplets have been conceived, ready to be born in the winter

It is a festival of fire, passion and desire and Arwen expects to see many young couples sneak off into the woods in the oncoming few nights. She almost hopes her and Klaude would be one of those.

First will be the Hunt, then the next day will be the Disembarking and then the final night will be the Quickening - after that the Ascension begins. Finally. She just wants it all to be over so she can feel safe and so her and Klaude can become queen crowned and king consort respectively. Their version of a happy ending. She clings to that hope.

Innisfuil Valley is a big, isolated place with tall trees all around, creating the dense thicket of the forest which surrounds it. It is like a dark cage of leaves and branches to protect the heart of the island, the Breccia Domain.

She is at the edge of the forest and is almost invisible amongst the busy people of Fennbirn as she stands in the shadows, revelling in being relatively invisible even if it is for a temporary time. She's glad to escape be out of the way of Cierra's potential ire.

Tents are being put up all around but Arwen's and her sisters' encampments have already been built. Standing tall and sharp like the twin spires of the Volroy which will be the home of one of them once the Ascension Year ends.

The tents all have their own decorations and colours to represent the gift of their queen. Pretty red lanterns are hanging for the Westwood encampment of elementals. The fire inside is a special representation of Nalani's famous flames and to send a message to the rest of the encampments about Nalani's gift.

The actual fire is only little at the moment, started with ease by one of the many surrounding elementals and Arwen knows that later the elementals will start the enormous bonfire which flames will be roaring and unnaturally enormous. Such is the elementals power these days.

To her left further down she can vaguely see the Arron encampment, with hounds and poisoners sitting and guarding all around, their faces all sharp and observing, waiting like a snake to take a bite out of somebody. Their tent is nearly as big as Arwen's and has the Arron crest hung up at the top which sends fear into those around but also demands respect. It's entirely dramatic and over the top. Distasteful.

Hanging purple crystal mobiles for the poisoners are also around the tent which blows back and forth in the slight spring breeze, creating a small tinkling sound like bells chiming. The Arrons decorations are as sharp as glass and extravagant to represent their lavish taste.

As Arwen scrutinises the Arron encampment she catches sight of a tall pretty girl with long ice-blonde hair. She must be an Arron then, the pretty girl sees her staring and gives her a smile that is purely wicked and for intimidation.