CHAPTER FIFTY NINE: UMBRA

It's finally time

It's finally time.

The moment both the young lovers have been waiting for. Their elopement, their marriage - where their very souls will be bound together eternally. Arwen never thought she would ever be capable of loving someone this much until she met him. Her passion for him consumes her irrevocably but she lets it.

As they snuck away this afternoon (when everyone in Umbra is asleep) on horseback all she could think about was how she is going to be a bride by the end of the day and how she and Klaude will leave this goddess forsaken island to start new lives as new people.

Not in Valostra, in Centra or perhaps one day even Bevellet or Salkades. They didn't need vast amounts of money or wealth to live - all they need is each other. That may have been naive of Arwen to think but with her love stricken heart she needs no reason or logic. There is simply her and Klaude.

Still, since Klaude is the son of a prince and of age he has his own money. Arwen is not so lucky, despite being a queen she has no money of her own and she can never steal from the Radurons, their vault with all their ancient wealth is too tightly locked up with a key only Cierra has.

Hoarded from their years of aristocracy, wealth and power when they made themselves queens, empresses and rules of a dynasty that lasted for centuries. They made a mere city a queendom in its own right and Umbra had its own unparalleled dominion - Arwen has heard it so many times from Cierra, her pride and arrogance always shone through when she talked about the Raduron Golden Days. But that has past. Now they speak of the glory days again, but this time as they conquer the entire island but Arwen won't let that happen.

As long as Arwen has Klaude that is enough for her, she doesn't need vast amount of Raduron wealth to prop her up and she never really wanted the crown anyway - it is appealing to a certain degree because she thinks she could make the island better and rule it's people fairly but not with Cierra looming. No. This is better. For everyone. Cierra can never be allowed reign of the entire island who knows what terror she will wreck, she does not care for the people at all. Only herself, only power.

Arwen will get happiness and will be free from Cierra's clutches and Cierra will lose her only chance to rule the entire island and to even rule Umbra independently as with Arwen's birth comes the promise of future shadow queens, keeping Umbra and Fennbirn tied together indefinitely.

Now, Arwen has never been vengeful but she cannot deny that thinking of Cierra's loss makes her happy. Now the Raduron won't be able to corrupt the crown. Not like Cierra corrupted and broke Arwen.

Now it will be either Nalani or Carina who will win and reign. Arwen hopes it is Nalani, she seems the better choice of the two on the outside.A good choice as the people love her already. And she seems to care.

With Carina comes the Arrons in a twin package who remind her too much of the Radurons. She only hopes that when one of them dies it is quick and peaceful, she doesn't want either of them to suffer, her younger sisters.