CHAPTER TWELVE: ROLANTH

Queen Nalani takes a breath as she closes the door to Westwood Manor behind her, trying her best to remain quiet and undetected

Queen Nalani takes a breath as she closes the door to Westwood Manor behind her, trying her best to remain quiet and undetected. It has been a long journey on foot from Rolanth's port, she was offered a carriage but she wanted the time to spend with Rowan and she enjoyed every moment with him. Too much time has been wasted. She can not afford to lose much more.

He is staying with his cadre anyways, in a house not far from Westwood Manor. Pele is paying for their accommodation and it wasn't difficult to acquire seeing as Rowan is a Westwood. He told Nalani to wish his aunt and cousin the best.

Just as she lowers her hood and breathes a sigh of relief, she is engulfed by the familiar arms of her best friend Hestia Westwood.

"Lani!" Hestia shouts in relief, her grip not lessening as she kept clinging to Nalani, her dark curls tickling Nalani's face slightly. Nalani chuckles. Hestia has always been a light sleeper and a compulsive worrier even though she had already received news that Nalani is okay.

"Hestia, lower your voice," Nalani says smiling, "you don't want to summon the entire household downstairs."

Hestia smiles apologetically and Nalani observes her best friend and takes her in. Vivianne's only daughter is as beautiful as ever.

She is tall and has a petite hourglass figure with beautiful thick dark brown curls that reach down past her shoulders. Nalani adores the texture of Hestia's hair, so soft and unique due to her mixed race heritage.

She has a heart shaped face, beige skin, soft cheekbones and full lips with a small gap in between her front two teeth.

Hestia Westwood always has a happy and friendly disposition/aura with a bright smile and she has forest green eyes. She is a light compared to Nalani's black hair and eyes that suggests darkness. 

Soon Kali arrives, her flaming red her swishing as she runs around the corner, obviously anxious for Queen Nalani as well. Even though she is maid Nalani considers her a great friend.

"Lani!" She shouts with equal loudness to Hestia as the maid embraces the queen, "are you alright? Are you hungry? Are you tired? Of course you're hungry and tired. I'll go fetch something from the kitchens right now." 

And with all those flurry of questions and answers without waiting for a reply Kali runs down to the kitchen to prepare something for Nalani. 

Nalani does pat her stomach and hears a quiet gurgle. When did she eat last?  She doesn't get a chance to answer her own question as Hestia drags Nalani to a nearby couch and sits her down, 

"Everyone was so afraid at first, even with the water elementals helping you go towards that ship," Hestia says so fast that Nalani can barely decipher it, "it wasn't your fault of course you tripped, don't worry mother is making sure the tales of you falling are lessened, most of the island is only hearing about the power of your display."