CHAPTER SIXTY SIX: ROLANTH

"Where is my daughter Vivienne?" Pele questions, grumbling and weary after her journey from Umbra to Rolanth, pacing irritably as Vivianne sits on the large dark green sofa, her green gown almost blending in

A dead suitor and a dead queens guardian. Pele is tired of it. Already the island's treasury has taken a drain, gold and ships to appease the Valostran king for the loss of his nephew and the loss of a burial in his homeland as the young Queen Arwen took matters into her own hands. Cressida Lermont had negotiated, a friend of Klaude's mother who used to be an diplomat and a native islander, and prevented war luckily, calming the temper of her husband Prince Grayson Vale. But still, Pele has ruled the Black Council for many years and she feels aged by it.

"Where you bid her to be, by Queen Nalani's side," Vivianne replies stonily, turning to Kali and gestures for more tea who begins to rush over but Pele raises a hand to dismiss her and she goes back to the corner of the Westwood parlour.

"You have no control over your ward," Pele snaps, "it is the middle of the Ascension, we made a deal, I am fulfilling my end Queen Nalani has a guard but what use is it when she slips away and does as she likes? And now convinced my daughter to aid her in her rebellion."

Vivianne holds her forehead wearily, helping herself to some peppermint tea to soothe her mind. In truth she is not pleased at Nalani's excursion, her daughter Hestia told her she saw the two riding away and relayed the alleged vision prophecy seen at Beltane and how hyperfixated Nalani had been about getting answers.

Her daughter was reluctant but Vivianne pressed her, they are both worried for Nalani, as is her nephew Rowan who had been training with weaponry none stop since Nalani's departure.That girl is so stubborn when she wants something.

"It is her way," Vivianne says bluntly, offering no defence, "she is a queen and a powerful one at that, the strongest elemental for years, made of fire, blood and storms - how could we ever hope to contain it?"

And the Westwood matriarch has never really cared to. Of course Nalani had a temper, but she is powerful, strongest with fire - Elo come again. She is too passionate, and free spirited. Never truly recognising authority. But she always respected Vivianne, usually opting to work with her in most matters.

Her traits, to Vivianne, are traits of a queen who could truly strike her sisters down, put the Westwoods in control and raise the power of all elementals. Her predecessors are remembered for their weakness, their failures to truly support their queens. And Vivianne has and always will support Nalani by any means necessary, her and her queen have worked together over the time to prepare her for being Queen Crowned and to win people's hearts.

And Vivianne loves her ward, she brings back a fiery nature that elementals have lost over the years. And the only way to wrestle power from the shadows and the poisoners is to fight fire with fire. Nalani's spirit is what makes her strong, yet it always makes her disobedient and impulsive.