CHAPTER TWO: ROLANTH

Queen Nalani faceclaim: Àstrid Bergès -
Frisbey
————

Queen Nalani faceclaim: Àstrid Bergès -Frisbey————

ROLANTH, Home of Queen Nalani

It is December 24th, the Queens' birthday and four months till Beltane.

The beautiful elemental city of Rolanth is crowded with all of the usual merchants trying to earn a living at the market, along with all of the giftless pickpockets, robbing them carefully with precise maneuverers but it is easy for them today, as the merchants are distracted and careless with the constant stream of new people arriving and emptying their deep pockets.

They are all here for Queen Nalani's birthday celebration, and to see an enthralling display of the famous Fire Queen's power.

Queen Arwen's dark shadow display isn't appealing to many, though Cierra Raduron surprisingly lets a few travellers come in to Umbra to witness the shadow queen's alleged strength. It is the only time foreigners are allowed to set a foot in Umbra.

Only certain people are let past the borders, the shadow guards are known to be brutal and thorough in their searching and evaluations. No one who possess any sort of threat is allowed near Cierra's precious Queen Arwen. And every traveller has to be rich, so that the Radurons may benefit from the experience. It is the only effort Umbra has made to rejoin the island in any way but they are still foreign to most and so is their gift.

And of course only poisoners are allowed at Queen Carina's birthday celebration, the Gave Noir, the poisoner's feast. Where the Arrons can put their pampered spoilt queen on show for all the rich bloodthirsty snakes in Prynn, all eager to restore the poisoner dynasty of the White Handed Queen Arsinoe's era.

So most of the island comes to Rolanth, the city of limestone white and marble. Most of Wolf Spring will be here, as the naturalists hate both the shadows and the poisoners. And the war gifted from Bastian will come too which isn't surprising as Vivianne Westwood is on Pele Murtra's Black Council and the few remaining oracles from Sunpool. No one likes the poisoners because they're treacherous snakes and no one likes the shadows because their secretive and unpredictable.

So everyone is here, crowding Rolanth and welcome to witness Queen Nalani in her element. She is without a doubt the most popular queen. A queen of the people. They call her. A queen of presence. Fireborn.

Even though it's winter, Rolanth still tries to keep fire and light around, in honour of Queen Nalani - they desperately try to keep the darkness at bay.

On a nearby tree branch, that is completely bare of its leaves from the harsh winter, a black raven sits and crows to its lost mate.

In amongst the waves of both the giftless and elemental inhabitants of Rolanth, the war gifted from both Bastian and Indrid Down, naturalists from Wolf Spring with even the few rare poisoners from Prynn and a couple of rare oracles from Sunpool, a young huntress stands among them, undetected and unnoticed, which was her intention in the first place.