CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: ROLANTH

A/N: this chapter was actually meant to be earlier but I forgot

A/N: this chapter was actually meant to be earlier but I forgot. Apologises in advance I don't think this chapter is good tbh but here we go💀

"I wonder whose idea it was, to send that assassin," Nalani muses as she sits in the Westwood's parlour with Vivianne on a windy spring day. She is having a quick word with her guardian, before she goes into town as she promised with Hestia, Kali and Rowan.

"Doubt it was Andrea's," Vivianne remarks, taking a small dainty sip from her tea cup, "she's too clever for it and her attempt likely would've worked but not even she would stoop to murdering a queen before it's time."

"Wouldn't she," Nalani questions sharply, "the Arrons lost power in the last Ascension, who knows what lengths they'll go to to get their queen on the throne and scrap for bits of their former power."

Ah yes. The famous Arron former power. They had a fabulous era, the poisoner dynasty but even the most seemingly secure structures can crumble in an instant if the right pressure is applied. No one thought the Arrons would leave Indrid Down but now the Murtras are there and it is evident how replaceable everyone truly is on Fennbirn.

"Regardless or whose silly idea the assassination attempt was we can make this to our advantage," Vivianne says with earnest and a smirk, "I've already began spreading the rumours that the assassin tried to poison you but you single handedly stopped her and killed her, that Carina and the Arrons are cowards who lets others do their dirty work. Public opinion is going down rapidly, soon Carina will have no support expect those within her own city."

That makes Nalani smile. Her ascent to the throne is all tying together nicely. She could almost thank her sister for trying to kill her early, it has actually worked in Nalani's favour.

"Thank you Vivianne, I appreciate you doing that, you will be a wise advisor and addition to my Black Council once I am queen crowned," Nalani says and Vivianne nods her head in thanks.

"You know I will always be here to advise and listen to you Nalani, you have been my ward for all these years but as you've grown you are starting to become more than just my ward, you're now my queen," Vivianne says with a small yet loving smile that makes Nalani smile as well.

Nalani is lucky and she recognises that.To have Vivianne and Hestia as her foster family. When she could've had the venomous Arrons or the cruel Radurons. She would almost feel bad for her sisters. But she cannot. That is not the way of queens and there is no point feeling sympathy for those she must kill. But at least she has grown up with love in Rolanth, unlike them and around some semblance of love.

The Westwoods have taken are of her well, especially Vivianne, who is more fierce than past Westwoods. But that's what makes her a good guardian. She is kind yet she is not placid which is the mistake of some of her Westwood predecessors; of course she is competent at the games of Fennbirn politics and she is undoubtedly loyal to Nalani and their common goal of getting Nalani on the throne.