CHAPTER THREE: PRYNN

Queen Carina faceclaim: Lily Collins
—————

Queen Carina faceclaim: Lily Collins —————

Prynn, Home of Queen Carina

"Hush Sheshu," Queen Carina whispers softly while stroking the agitated snake, savouring the unique texture of the neon green scales that are smooth and bumpy under her skin.  The poor serpent dislikes the Manor house being busy, all the servants running and dropping silverware like headless chickens. Carina hates it too.

Andrea Arron, the head of the Arron family and Octavia, her younger sister, watch the exchange from a distance. 

Octavia leans closer to Andrea's ear and whispers, "They have a strange bond," she pauses and turns to her older sister, "it is not right for a poisoner, especially such as strong poisoner queen that she is, to have such an attachment to an accessory. It is not a pet."

Andrea waves her hand in dismissal at Octavia's comment, always like her younger sister to question things that are of no prudent business.

"Stop your scrutinising Octavia, I've heard enough of your whining about her snake over the years," she says rolling her eyes, "Rina could use that accessory to kill her sisters and she could easily kill you with it. The snake symbolises her power."

Octavia still wrinkles her nose in disgust, "she behaves like a naturalist and their disgusting familiars at times."

Andrea holds a hand up and Octavia goes silent instantly. Even she knows better that to disobey Andrea. She is the strongest poisoner on the island, she is carrying on the legacy of the Arrons - that is of great importance. Andrea will succeed where her mother failed, she will get a poisoner queen on the throne.

Andrea then starts smiling wickedly, unnerving Octavia as she says, "I suggest that you leave Rina and her snake alone and let me handle our young queen. I do not need your input."

Octavia gulps in slight fear at her sister's words and expressions. 

"But Drea," she protests, her voice the same whiny dull tone that it was when they were both girls. 

"Enough!" Andrea hisses, angry and embarrassed at her sister's questioning and walks over to Carina, leaving Octavia in anger who stomps off in a tantrum, with no more dignity than a toddler. 

Carina hears the approaching footsteps and looks up, finding Andrea looking down at her with a smile, 

"Rina it is time to get ready for your birthday celebration and the Gave Noir," she says, "I will send for Amara and Eirene to help you get ready and then Selene will braid your hair." 

Carina nods at her foster mother and Andrea strokes Carina's cheek fondly, her ice blonde hair gleaming in the sun, and then leaves to find a servant, who will then find her two daughters, Amara and Eirene and her favourite maid, Selene. 

As she leaves, Andrea is confident for the feast, for she has made sure that no harm will come to Carina, for Ik the last few months Andrea has been pretending to give Carina heavily poisoned food to make it appear as if she were strong.