CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT

"Thank you Andrea, you may leave now," Pele says as she makes one last note on her parchment regarding Queen Carina

The poisoner does not look happy at that but Pele wants her out. Now. She has a special meeting with Vivianne Westwood. She doesn't need an Arron lurking.

"But," Andrea begins, trying to get more time to collect any information.

"It's not negotiable and I have another meeting after this so off you go," Pele dismisses, narrowing her eyes at Andrea who glares slightly for second before she stands, bows stiffly and leaves, her lilac chiffon dress flowing behind her.

Though Pele notes the dress is not quite as extravagant as Cierra Raduron's one she observed in their meeting earlier; even though some of the shadow hag's money and assets had been taken from her at Pele's orders when Cierra went behind her back trying to rule Umbra, it seems to have not diminished her taste for finery.

The Raduron seems to be seizing Beltane as an opportunity to shove herself and the shadows "power" down the rest of the island's throats. It works to a degree. People are curious. The shadows have not attended a Beltane in centuries after all.

Unfortunately Pele's had to deal with both Cierra and Andrea today. Which is too much for a lifetime. Now she will with Vivianne, whom she can actually tolerate.

It only takes a few minutes for Vivianne to enter, looking youthful as ever which Pele finds unfair. Though she did have Hestia relatively young.

Though Vivianne's wearing dark green trousers today which makes a change.

The elemental bows before taking a seat at Pele's gesture. The women do their greetings as Pele pours Vivianne some wine out of courtesy which the elemental accepts as she takes a large sip.

Everyone could use a bit of wine nowadays. Stressful days ahead. With the Hunt, Disembarking and Quickening. Especially for Pele as the regent and Vivianne as Queen Nalani's guardian. Then of course the Ascension. Who knows where that will lead. Hopefully to Nalani's victory. That is what she would prefer.

The warrior suddenly stands up and goes to the tent flap, exchanging a few hushed words with someone outside.

Smiling, she turns around and goes back to her seat. She moves so quickly and smoothly. Pele's movements only take her a few seconds.

Vivianne tilts her head curiously as she raises her eyes up to meet Pele's,

"Whom were you talking to?" Vivianne asks, careful in her tone and approach as she silently demands an answer from the warrior.

Pele smiles in reply, "only a few of my most trusted fellow warriors, they are guarding the tent, making sure we aren't overheard."

Vivianne nods, "I see."