Chapter 23 The Dream Of A Lifetime

External POV

      Evelyn did the only thing she had to do to actually feel. Like herself . She closed her eyes and  inhaled the salty air deeply, cravingly. As the waves of the ocean were thouching her toes, trying to take away all the misery far, far away. The warm sand was soft enough to be felt like walking on a cotton candy cloud. She thought she was a ghost for a moment. She was, for the ones she left behind. She was sure she could fly with the hands of the gentle wind.

The burning heat of the Sun was losing its impact as it was being swallowed by the impatient horizon. Claire was welcomed with the unbelievably real traces of light dance when she opened her chocolate eyes. All the shades of golden were gathering with the night blue.

The stars were like shy performers trying to catch a glimpse of the audience behind the heavy curtains of the stage. In this case they were coming out to the stage of darkness one by one behind the glowing golden curtains. But the this time, the darkness didn't belong to a black soul or the tears of pain. It was a colour world which sacrificed itself for a moment to show its dear stars with their all brightness. Without missing one, with picking more and more.

The only witnesses to this natural miracle was Evelyn and... William. 

The one she resisted the most. The one she wanted the most. The head players of the great paradox were so close yet so far away, without knowing this time the impossible paradox would be their absolute reality. More clear than the obvious truth yet mistier than the deepest dream.

The dance of the night spirit was Evelyn's miracle. It was the only thing for her that could remind her old innocent, happy self without trying to push a flood of tears.

Still deep down, she knew it was not the only thing. She could feel more alive, more like normal, more painless and happier with William. When they touched she could forget everything. 

But the cage of bad memories and unbearable emotions? Were they easy to forget?

How could she think and feel the exact opposite?

As her judgement screamed her to stab him, the next time she saw him, how could her heart squeeze limitlessly at one thought of seeing him in pain?

She didn't even want it. But every moment she saw the icy blue eyes she could feel they start to take the place of every other bad emotion. She could feel they shattered every sadness like a dagger.

The paradoxes captured even her emotions.  Her mind knew paradoxes were impossible and they shouldn't be messed with. At the same time her heart could feel all the burning, bothering but at the same time miraculous emotions. Her heart was living the paradox. The emotions made everything possible.

They couldn't be controlled.

And they showed this sad truth every time her chocolate coldness met his icy warmth.

Still this obvious misplacement couldn't be more right when she turned her back.

**************

Earlier that day

Adele where are you going? Claire furrowed her eyebrows. She couldn't understand why they were going to the opposite way. They had just got out of the yacht.

Adele took Claire's arm to whisper something. She respected her friendship with Claire more than she respected William. Claire would be mad but after some talking she hoped Claire would be less mad. Other options except madness were not likely at all anyway.

"C, we can't be together all the time, I mean we are living a dream here and thanks to you I feel emotions I had never felt before with Sean, I mean intensely. And don't you see this is like a honeymoon trip? Go have some fun with William. You deserve it."