Chapter 27 Cold Kiss Of The Fate Part 1

Day Of The Accident

Evelyn's POV

I woke up with a knock on my door. Just a little knock, how could I know it was the begining of a countdown to a disaster?

I slowly got up and opened the door with sleepy eyes. I really hate getting up early. There was nobody on the door. Now I am really furious. I have been woken up for nothing at 4 am?! Perfect.

I was about to close the door when my eye caught something on the ground. A box. A lilac box with a pink ribbon. There was also note under the ribbon.

Want some nostalgia? Take the box and come downstairs.

W

Wow, I can smell the scent of Deja-vous. Although my mind commanded me to close the f-ing door and sleep, my heart was craving to go on an adventure. I really shouldn't get use to the adventurous dates, but I already did. How frustrating, right?

After a little fight between my logic and emotions, my stupid heart was the winner so in the blink of an eye, I found myself in the familiar black limo going to God knows where. Yes, everything was familiar.

As you can imagine, the rest included a plane. This man was really unbelievable. Paris is the dream date place of everybody so why I am always taken to the other side of the world?

If I knew how the day was going to end would I say these?

***

William's POV

"Welcome, ma belle." I greeted the only woman who could make me do the impossible. There she stood with the blue dress she was wearing the ball night, it was hard to find it but now it's worth it. Her ginger hair was cascading down her back making her the godess of fire. Her brown eyes were shining onyxs.

I should be honest, for a moment I was really entranced by her beauty, again. I still am but there is no escape this time.

I will definitely learn the truth. Only then we can reach our happy ending.

Happy endings? As I said, this woman even makes me believe in happiness, love. The two things I always denied. Although I am angry with her deep inside I know this thoughts will always stay in me because she changed me ,without even knowing it.

I pulled her chair gently for her to sit then I sat across her. First the red wines came then the dishes.

Claire wasn't looking cold like she always did. I could see the hint of happiness but I am not sure, it could be because of finding food after hours of hunger.

The dinner was silent until both of us finished our dishes, there was no need for talking. The silence wasn't awkward, it was peaceful.

Like calm before the storm.

***

Evelyn's POV

Did I start talking with tree dots in the beginning? No?

Okay then I am definitely not in a dream. Did I travel in time? No, this needs too much miracle even for me who still believes in miracles.

This is real.

The day didn't started perfectly but now I can see, and feel, everything has worth it. I wasn't angry anymore like I always was. Because finally I felt at peace.

I was wearing the dress that hold so many memories. The dress that made me and William meet again with the most impossible way. The date we had was like the mix of every memory we have experienced together.