Chapter 8 New Beginnings

Will's POV

"Will what are you thinking?" Ben interrupted the awkward silence in the "Populars" table. Actually it was my silence. All of them were looking at me.

"Yeah dude, you always look far away and whenever we see you, you are deeply thinking." Steve continued. He was right.

" Actually you are like this since that little insect is lost, well we are not happy but we are not mourning either. Also we were not close friends or something." Kat said. How could they think like this? I mean if I didn't talk to  Evelyn because of that revenge thing I would probably think the same but I'm feeling guilty. Why?

"Whatever you did to her she must have just ran away. There is no place for people like that in this school anyway. " Melanie said as she was drinking her milkshake with a grin on her face. She was pleased that she got rid of one of her "enemies". I bet she would even throw a party of victory if she could.

****

I should keep calm. She is gone now, I should just bury her in my past like I did with my other dates. I shouldn't feel guilty. I never did.

'It's because this time there is a possibility that she is dead and it's your fault' brain butted in.

I should really let go of this. The thoughts were making me angry. A screaming voice turned me back to reality.

"Guys have you heard, Evelyn is dead, her family is doing her funeral today.." one of the girls in the corridor said to her friends pointing out her phone, horrified.

I took mine and searched in the internet. I saw her photo in the news.

16 year old Evelyn C., has been lost for over 2 weeks. This morning it was declared that the body that had been found in the woods by an old lady belonged to her...

What the heck? She was lost, not dead. Have they found her dead body, in the woods?

I was frozen in shock.

Does this make me a murderer now, all this stupid revenge thing, is she dead because I decieved her?

***

There was a knock on my door . It was the maid.

"Mr. Mccartney your father asks for you," she let me know and went away.

My father decided to talk to me? There must be a really important thing. My father doesn't even come home ever since my mum died. He is either busy with work or spending time in one of our hotels with different women. Anyway I had better go before pissing him off.

I knocked the door of his study room, he always spends time in here when he is home. Then I entered. There was a brown table in my opposite, my father was working on something on the computer. There was a leather couch also brown on the left side, the walls were creamy. And of course the bookcase which covers one wall completely, there must be thousands of books in there.

When he saw me he closed his laptop and indicated the couch, we sat there.

"Son, from now on you are going to complete your education in London, you are going away from here." he just jumped straight to the point as always. He still had that emotionless face.

'Hello to you too father, and I'm fine thanks for asking.'

"What!? London?" My father was still emotionless and serious on the other hand my jaw fell open.

"You are going to go there abd learn business. You are my only heir and it's time for you to involve in business, after you graduated from college you must be ready." he was looking at me differently this time.

"Dad, why now? Does everything have to be that quick?" I was confused I couldn't understand why he was trying to send me away.

"William, I don't know how I should say this but..I have cancer and I don't have much time according to my doctor. All this time I didn't let my disease on to you but I won't be there in the future. You are old enough to understand everything. Before I die you must learn the business because I won't be there to help you. I need to make sure you have the ability to protect our family's companies and hotels." He was trying to stay serious but in his eyes I could see that he was desperate and I was his only hope.

I am not a person who accepts anything easily but all this disease thing changed my decision.

I had to take responsibility. This business also held the memories of my deceased mother. All those hotels... I couldn't just let them go.

"Dad, why didn't you tell me all of this before? But I understand now, I am going to learn the business and protect our company." I said, I was decided. My father didn't do anything for me but I had to protect our business for the sake of our ancestors. This wasn't something personal. Then I asked when would I have to leave.

"Tomorrow afternoon. With our private jet, you are gonna go there, you should leave everything behind for this process. It's the best for you and the company's future.

Tomorrow!? That was not  what I expected but I had no other choice. I just nodded and left.

Life was really weird, the endings and the beginnings... For the first time, it was in the right time for me.

Leaving America after this incident was all I needed and now I had an excuse.

The next  day I was going to leave eveything behind and fly to London.

*******

Evelyn's POV

"Ruby the table is ready!", I called her.

"The pancakes are ready either", she replied. I could smell the sweet scent of them.

The day that the storm happened I also met Ruby. She helped me and she was like a mother to me. I had such tough situations but I came across that good lady. She was so good to me, she helped me with my healing process, she was full of compassion, I became friends with her and she let me stay with her more. It was very different from staying at my aunt's house, I wasn't treated like a maid in here. I was happy and Ruby was glad to have me, too.

After a while I couldn't help but think that nobody searched for me. Maybe they did but I wasn't sure my aunt wouldn't give up till the end, her efforts would last for at most a week, 2 weeks maybe a month? Just not to show herself bad to our neighborhood.

Ruby took the newspaper. After a while I saw the shocking look on her face.

"What happened, Aunt Ruby?" I asked curiously then I took the newspaper from her hands.

16 year old Evelyn C. has been lost for over 2 weeks. This morning it was declared that the body that had been found by an old lady in the woods belonged to her...

Finally with the help of Aunt Ruby I had the chance to cut all my ties with those betrayers whom my fate has forced me to live with.

Finally I was free.

I didn't have any  reason to go back. I had to leave all of them behind. Except William, that jerk. I was almost dead because of him and he wasn't even concerned. He played with my feelings and left, I was so stupid that I let him do it. Ohhh!! Stupid me!, I pinched myself. He is going to pay for that, I did nothing to deserve more near death experiences.

I swore that I would take my revenge. I wasn't going to be the victim of my cruel destiny. I was going to write it with my way. I could do everything, I didn't have anything to lose.

William McCartney, you are a dead man.

*******************

Author's note : Soooo? What do you think? :) Feedbacks are wellcomed.

Please comment or vote:D ☆

XOXO ☆ :)