Chapter 19 Memories in Hotel Noir

Evelyn's POV

"So, you finally decided to call me?" I didn't bother to say hello, after all he didn't bother to say goodbye that day.

"Hello, Claire." He answered with the same husky voice. I felt a strange tingling inside me. What kind of joke is this?!

"Have you finally decided to tell me why you "vanished" that day?" Telling this shouldn't have brought the memories of the kiss but it did.

"I assume you still wonder about that black car near you." So this car near me which costs probably ten times more than my house also belonged to him.

"What about ,you stop answering me with totally unrelated sentences and give me a proper answer? " This man had the ability to make me angry in less than a minute.

"Get in that car." He sounded a bit tense, good so I had the same effect on him.

"And what makes you think I will do what you say? " Commanding me was the only thing he hasn't done yet and it finally happened. What can I expect? He probably commands as a habit. Just as I was thinking how different we were, something wet fell on my cheek. It's drizzling.

"There is an 80% chance that you don't have your umbrella with you right now and you can't take a bus from where you are standing. And I also know you won't pay a cab for a short distance. But this short distance can be felt like million miles in the oncoming storm. Couple of minutes later, you will get soaked under the pouring rain so I suggest you to get on the car. And finally, I know you want answers. I can only say them to you when you arrive where I am." He said but all I heard was;

Hey, girl I am a rich hot shot ass who graduated from Cambridge and now I will show you how to deal with possibilities and leave the person's mouth whom you are talking to, hanging open, like a boss.

"And where exactly are you?" I asked.

"I will tell you when you get in the car." He was pushing my patience limits.

"So you are sure I will do as you say." As we were talking the rain started to become heavier. Finally I gave up, I had no chance but to get in as I was now in the middle of the street with nowhere to protect from the rain.

***

External POV

The car stopped in a big field after a short journey. The driver opened the door for Claire. She saw the private jet when she got out. It was a bit bigger then the previous one.

'Where is he taking me this time?' She thought. She also couldn't help but remember about Italy. It felt like so long ago although it has been just a month.

She quickly ran towards the plane and was about to climb the stairs to go in when she noticed what was really happening. There was a storm so why was she on a plane?

Soon the doubts flew away, she sat down one of the comfortable seats, fastened her belt. The plane took of slowly after ten minutes.

The view was breathtaking when they were still close to the surface, but it faded as they traveled above and soon was hidden behind the grey clouds. The more she saw them the more her heart ached. All of the disasters that changed her life came with storm. She held the seatbelt with her all strength to subside pain that came with the flood of agony.

...

"Ms. Beauchamp, we are in London please wake up." The blonde stewardess shook Claire gently.

Soon Claire opened her eyes slowly. So, she couldn't put up with so much pain and had fallen asleep. Her mind was a little hazy. Naps would always had the same effect on her. Even though for a second she couldn't decide which century she was in after sleeping during the day.

The weather was the exact opposite of Paris earlier that day, in London. Shining brightly. Shouldn't it have been the other way round?, she thought. After all if cities had names London would take "The Lachrymose". Paris should have been the one that was covered with endless light.

She regret she didn't have sun glasses with her. How could she know? She felt like life was laughing at her situation, still shaken by the the flood of feelings which she thought she buried in the back of her mind ages ago.

She kept her silence, eyes frozen, dry, they didn't have the strength to produce tears anymore. She didn't even realize she left the plane and came somewhere totally different. All she saw was a big pile of iron, which hid the clear blue sky.

"HOTEL NOIR"

She entered the 'black' skyscraper.

Big hall and the reception desk on the left was usual. Brown, cream and golden colours dominated the place. With all the people, it was like a little, crowded city. People were running around, rushing to do God knows what, on time. All of them had their best suits on them, the sound of women's high heels and the ticking of men's watches surrounded tne atmosphere. Conversations were being made on phones to enlarge their "little fortune"s.

It wasn't like her at all, she was happy in her little café in a wonderful city.

But she fell into the middle of a historical stage when she looked up and saw the ceiling...

It was a different world, had a professional design that combined the mythologic art with modern decoration. It was a Wonderland to discover for someone who studied art like her.

She lived in Paris, in the center of art but still she was mesmerized. She felt like all was created for her, who always loved the beauty that consisted of paradoxes...

Her soul started to wake up again. The pain in her heart subsided, fell into a deep slumber with the impact of harmonic colours.

Hypnotized by the perfect drawn figures, she got onto the elevator with the other people. When all of them got off she was the only one to reach the top floor.

Then Boom!

She saw his giant figure as soon as the door opened. The ice blue eyes, staring at her making her fell like the other colours were pure black, pulling her soul back to her body, threatening to wake her up to the highest level of consciousness.

Now there was something wrong in this picture. Something she couldn't or was afraid to name . Something she couldn't dare to decide whether it was real or imaginary.

Despite all, she was sure about one thing, the war between the Devil and The Fallen Angel was about to change forever...