Chapter 22 Fallen Angel

Evelyn's POV

  Since when Paris had such a hot weather? I couldn't help but think, it was November not June. As soon as I got out of the plane I was welcomed with shining Sun. It was too bright for me to see my front. Interesting, it should have been cloudy today since we were in Paris, according to the internet. Pff, internet is a b*tch.

   I put my right hand to my forehead for some shadow, unfortunately it couldn't block the hot weather, especially because I was wearing a damn jumper.

   "What are you waiting for, ma belle?" I started to walk down the stairs with the command of the  familiar voice.

I was waiting for a luxury black car as always but instead a white drophead Ferrari that left my mouth hanging open. Just a word, how weird, I can say it like I got used to everything going on. I shouldn't.

The more surprising thing was that William opened the door for me. He was smiling but I could sense that something was wrong. He was driving instead of his usual driver. Firsts are happening...

Of course I noticed the strange thing as soon as we left the airport.

Sea, coast, shining Sun,.. Island Breeze. 

We were not in Paris. How the hell long did I sleep?

"William, give me an explanation right now. Where are we?" I tried to ask in an irritated tone, trying to ignore the gentle wind.

" The heart of the South Pacific, the dream of a lifetime." I watched him answering as we were travelling in an incredible speed to God knows where. For some reason the shining Sun wasn't annoying to my eyes anymore, maybe because they were busy with checking William. 

I turned my face away suddenly pretending that I was watching the blue ocean and the coast. God, why does he have to be so handsome? I stopped myself from sighing deeply just in time.

The car stopped near the sea. I could barely see the hotel, but since the name was  bigger than a city and brighter than the moon I could easily read it. "Hotel Noir". Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if he said he also owned this 'island'.

Just that time I saw the most unexpected thing I could have ever seen.

"Adele!?" We hugged like we haven't seen each other for years although I was still in shock. The last two days were the most surprising days of my life, surprising in a good way.

"Welcome to Fiji my friend, so what do you think?" Adele asked excitedly. We were in Fiji. Fiji! When I turned my eyes to the boat behind her everything made sense.

Sean, Samantha and Steve were standing also there waiting for us.. Great everybody knew about this plan but me. 5 minutes later we were all on the boat, travelling to the hotel which was in the middle of the ocean.

"Be honest, did you plan this? You are the only one who knows that my birthday is in two days and Fiji is my dream destination." I whispered to Adele's ear.

"Don't be so sure Ms. Mysterious.  Anyway we are in an Underwater Hotel. Have you ever seen an Underwater hotel?! Let's go. And let's find you some appropriate clothes to wear." I couldn't stop feeling uneasy. Especially since I learned Adele was related with William. Could she know about my past?

"I can see you already got used to this holiday spirit." I said teasingly to clear my head. Thoughts can drown in the deep ocean for a couple of days.

The hotel's design was  absolutely genius. It seemed like it was popped out of a sci-fi movie. A very high centre building was watching the coast with it's whole glory but the rooms and facilities were desined as pods under the ocean, they were visible since the water was clearer than my soul.