Chapter 14 Hometown Glory

Evelyn's POV

Paris, The Next Day

"So are we going to see each other again?" William asked after we got out off his car.

Thank God, he got a call about his job, it wassomething extremely important and we had to go back to Paris. It was finally the time to seperate our ways for a while.

I turned back to look at him, his smile was almost as the same as the one he had years ago, back then it was fake but now? He wasn't smirking for sure. Was it possible for him to...

Yes, yes, and---

No, no, no, no, no!!!

Impossible, no way. I am overthinking. It was not almost it was definitely, absolutely ingenuine. But maybe as long as I can keep myself out of it, this situation can be benefitial for me.

"I'm sure we will, as long as you keep being ... yourself." For some reason I didn't want to talk bitchy. I mean after all he did.

Wait, who am I kidding? Could one day heal all the pain of eight years? Just wait for me Will McCartney. I will make you live the calmest times before storm and after you will see what I am capable of...

The driver, Paul, opened the door of backseat for Will. Just as I was about to walk away he looked at me with that crystal blue eyes.

"I am looking forward to that day, au revoir." He smiled once again and disappeared behind the black glasses of the car.

"Me either, Mr. Grim Reaper of Hearts..."

***

I came back to the only place that makes me feel safe. My café. And Adele was handling the customers. She was doing my job quite well actually. But she must be tired of over working cause I went away without telling anything. Fortunately there weren't many customers so we could talk for a while.

As soon as she saw me she literally run towards me in a speed of light and we hugged maybe too tight.

"Adele, I missed you too but I can't breathe." I managed to say between coughs.

"Oh, sorry." She said and we sat in the little table in front of the bookcase. "So where have you been? Do you know how worried I was, and I thought something bad happened to you, I thought we will never going to see each other again. Why didn't you call---

That's how Adele is. If she starts to ask questions, may God help you.

"Adele, breathe" I cut her off so that she could calm down. "I am going to tell you everything but now we should work, let's talk about all of this at home." We were neighbors, so lots of times we could stay at each other's apartments without worrying about late times.

"What?" She whined with her eyes full of disappointment, but I was doing this for her. If I told her now, the customers would run away for good. "Girl, you really... Alright but tonight we are going to talk about everything at mine." Of course we would and even if I didn't tell her she would hunt me to learn everything.

That day went quickly with working. Doing the job I loved made my days better and kept me in balance. Also I realized how much I missed Adele. We were doing everything together since I came to Paris. She was the one who helped me in the first day of college. We knew each other's everything.

Except my past identity. I never thought about telling her my past. If she knew would she still be friends with me? Until, whose name is not necessary, came I never worried about mentioning my past but I was afraid that the days were coming closer...

***

We were in Adele's place, sitting on her light blue couch like always. If it talked, it would reveal all of our secrets and memories...

"So, spill. Where were you?" Adele always wanted to go straight to the point.

"I'm going to tell you but you are going to promise me you will be calm." I said even though I was sure she wouldn't.

"Ok, you just tell me" she said quickly. If I made her wait again goodbye everything...

"You know William called me earlier. I went to meet him. After that we went to Italy, the end." I told the last part quickly but Adele somehow got it.

"What the... You were in Italy and I didn't know that? Scratch Italy. You were with one of the hottest, smartest and most successful business man on Earth." She was screaming as she was saying this sentence.

"Adele calm down." I said first and made her sit again.

"Claire, we both now you are hiding the rest of the story. Now tell me immediately. And before you ask yes I promise to keep calm this time." I was actually surprised, she managed to talk that long it despite all her excitement.

"He actually didn't tell me anything. We talked for a while and I was leaving when he grabbed my arm. In the blink of an eye we were in his jet plane on our way Italy and..." I told her the rest of the story.

"You are so lucky, he is smart, extremely hot, successful, rich... Rest of the world would destroy everything just to be at your place---"

"Actually, he is not smart at all, he is the dumbest person I have ever seen. And he kidnapped me!"

"If he kidnapped you, you would have been dead Claire but you have been to Pa-ra-dise."

If devil is in it, what you call paradise is just an illusion.

I am sure if she knew my past she would think the same with me.

"I barely even know him, Adele. This doesn't even make sense." This is only card left if I don't want to reveal my secrets.

"Thhis is the thing Claire. Are you blind? He definitely feels something for you." She said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"No, he doesn't." How could he?

"Claire he is the hottest bachelor in the market, every woman is on their knees for him but he has looked for you for a year. Just because of a one dance. Do you really think winning that lot, was a coincidence? He didn't even know you but he found you and the things he have done so far... Even the stupidest person in the world can see the truth."

"No, it's not possible. We both know he is a player. What if he thinks I am just another conquest for him? He is not trustworthy." Besides he decived me and almost killed me. "I hope you will understand me." This would hopefully close the subject.

"If I agreed with everything you did, I wouldn't be your best friend, right? " Damn, she was good at this, she was my only equal in the art of dealing b*tches and jerks with words.

"Yes Adele, you are my best friend we haven't seen each other for 2 days. I missed you and also our movie nights. I will make the popcorn you choose the movie." I quickly went to the kitchen before she could say something.

The issue is closed, for now...

*****************

Author's note : Thanks for reading :)

I've been writing another book called "Gizem Kutusu" (meaning The Box Of Secrets) and if you can speak Turkish I really suggest you to read it:)

Don't forget to comment or vote ☆ ☆ :)

XOXO☆