Chapter 1 The Ill Fate

I woke up suddenly with a scream. My cheeks were burning. The same nightmare again. Chasing me every night, it was always terrifying as it was really happening. Even trying to say a word about it gives me goosebumps...

I went near the window to breathe a little. The Sun was about to rise. Oh, the sky was like a sea of colours.

Blue, yellow, orange,pink, purple; the nature was in great harmony. Colours were mixing in great tranquility like they were on the palette of a famous artist.

I opened the window as silently as I could, the relaxing wind caressed my cheeks gently as the smell of the salty ocean filled my nostrils.

Everytime I looked at the sky, I couldn't help but feel so little. The universe was so big, almost endless, and the dome above us was jut a tiny part of it. This perspective didn't make me feel worthless but gave me hope because it reminded me that all of the events and people we overthink don't even mean anything in the bigger picture.

But still, overthinking was my curse, and I was a teenage girl who takes everything too serious.

Of course that was before I became the victim of my own destiny. Before the 17th of July.

The day that cursed my whole life.

The day that changed the way I live forever.

And it will not be the only cursed day of my poor life. But this is a different story.

As you can presume my life will not be merciful to me, at least not yet.

***

17th of July

"Evelyn, wake up alread, we are gonna go to your couisin's house today, remember? You know it's a long journey." my mum said as she was trying to pull away my blanket.

What can I say, I like sleeping especially because I'm a night owl.

And we can't ignore that nightmare which turned me into a night person, insisting on keeping me awake .

I got out of the bed eventually, went to the bathroom, washed up, brushed my teeth. I grabbed jeans and a plain white T-shirt and fifteeen minues later I was ready.

I grabbed my little blue suitcase prepared for a 3 day trip and went downstairs quickly.

As soon as I set foot into our little car, I felt something weird but the view of the road hypnotized me and all my thoughts faded away before I could realize. My Dad turned on the radio after a while.

"...Today don't be decived by the sunny weather, a heavy rain is expected in the afternoon. So we recommend you to stay home if you have the chance." the weather forecast was on.

"What the heck, rain?" my voice was louder than I intended. But the situation was actually strange. I was wearing sunglasses because of the annoying sunlight, the car windows were open to fill the hot and suffocating atmosphere with some fresh air... You know typical summer day trip. And now they said it was going to rain.

Would you believe it?

Well, I didn't. But still I couldn't ignore the little feeling in my guts which was getting bigger and more sickening with every mile.

I tried to think about my plans about going out with my cousins when we got there, which were now probably off, to keep my mind busy.

***

During 2 hours, grey clouds slowly approached us, the sky got darker and darker. The sun was nowhere to be seen. The weather was strangely chilly. Soon the drizzle came. Actually it was ok at first since I liked rain but not when it was heavy enough to create a flood obviously.

The rain became heavier and heavier. Sky was a mix of grey, black and dark blue. And I was scared, I mean we were in the middle of nowhere, our car was like a toy on that little road near the high cliff and there was a storm.

Then everything started to make sense. This was what has been bothering me all those nights. It was not a nightmare.

Was it a warning? No, it can't. This isn't a movie.

I decided listening to music to silence my inner feelings and closed my eyes. That's right, I should just keep calm, after all I am not involved with future vision and stuff.

Unfortunately me ignoring everything didn't last long because our little car couldn't go further in that flood. Everthing happened in seconds...

Before we could understand, our car was falling down the cliff. After some time the car stopped and then there was just darkness.

***

I don't know how much time had passed but somehow I woke up . I was outside the car, laying down. The ground was full of pebbles and was muddy. It wasn't raining anymore.

I felt something hot on my face and touched it. It was blood, my eyes widened in horror . I slowly got up to check my mum and dad. I took a couple of steps towards the car, limping. My body was aching but I couldn't care less.

Our car was upside down because of the countless flips. The windows were broken.

My mother and father was still in there. I called their names.

Neither of them answered. Their blood was slowly dripping on the little pebbles around the car. I tried to reach them although it was painful both physically and emotionally.

That was when the cold reality hit me. They were as white as a sheet, pale and they were not breathing.

They were... dead.

I covered my mouth to silence my sobs but it was no use. I was terrified and literally alone.

After a flood of tears I had to do something about it. The pain on my body was getting worse every minute . My phone wasn't working. I don't even know how it stayed in one piece. I couldn't stand anymore and fell on the ground.

Slowly everything became blurry followed by darkness and the world of nothing.

Again.

***

Writer's note:

Firstly my dear readers thanks for reading this:) Got your attention so far? Drama?

Are you curious about what will happen next? If your answer is yes than turn the page and dive into the story world=)

Please don't forget to vote or comment☆ XOXO:)

**Edit(August 2nd, 2018)
I am currently writing a story called "The Substitute Cinderella". And I try to upload chapters as much as I can. It already has 12 chapters. I would appreciate if you checked it out too:)