Chapter 7 Date Of Disasters

Evelyn's POV

'I really have nothing to wear.' I thought and frowned. I wish it was because having too much clothes and not being able to choose. All of my clothes were ordinary and there was a little amount.

Suddenly something came to my mind. My mother's birthday gift. The last gift she could give me. I zoned out with the sadness of my memories. Then I pulled myself together. My mother and father wouldn't want to see me crying.

I took the dress out grom the place where I was hiding it. It was a sleeveless light pink dress which ended a little over my knees. That was the best I had.

I wore the dress, it was soft. I brushed my hear and left it loose. It was time to get rid of the big glasses. I put on my contact lenses. I normally couldn't wear them too long but I was sure the date would worth all the uncomfortableness.

I only applied bright pink lipgloss. Finally I took my little silver bag and wore flats. I was ready to go.

I flinched when suddenly Ashley and Vanessa appeared in front of me just when I was about to hold the doorknob to go outside. Their mouths were flung open and they were staring at me. They couldn't believe it was me.

"Where are you going? " Ashley furrowed her eyebrows suspiciously.

" I don't have time to chit chat, Ashley I have to go and meet William." I said.

"You mean William McCartney? How is that even possible? Don't lie to us. Aren't we sisters over cousins? ." Vanessa said with contempt on her face.

Yeah, like you behave me as your third sister,(!) I thought.

"I don't have to make you believe me and I don't have time for that ." I said and then walked away with their eyes full of jealousy on me. At least I had the courage to talk to them as I wanted to. But still there were limits, I was staying at their house afterall...

When I arrived the place we decided, he wasn't there. I checked my watch maybe I was early but I was actually 5 minutes late. As the minutes were passing, weird thoughts that I ignored because of happiness started to gather in my mind.

Why did he want to meet at a forest? We live in the 21st century. Maybe he doesn't want anybody to see us.

Then I saw him approaching. With every step he took towards me, my heart raced more.

We started to walk into the forest, I was actually nervous, every inch of the place reminded me my worst memories but I put up with it, William was with me, holding my hand.

We stopped in front of a huge tree after a little journey mostly in silent. He turned to me, held my waist and came closer then he.. kissed  me.

Wowoww---

I was just lost, I felt like we were two fallen apart puzzle pieces that finally got together.. He was definitely a good kisser.

Yeah and you are an expert on kisses. Don't say you know heart, I do the knowing.

Shut up brain, it's our first kiss but wait if you say I can't know then let's say I just 'feel'. I do the feeling afterall right?

He stopped suddenly. Seconds ago I was full of joy and excitement but now I was a little bit disappointed.  I finally noticed drops here and there. It was drizzling.

"Evelyn, I think it will start to rain, wait here we cannot go home like this, I will go and take my car. Just wait here.."  was his last words before going away I didn't have any chance to protest, I was confused.

Tick tock... I took out my phone to check the clock approximately an hour passed?!
My phone vibrated signalling that the battery went dead. Gentle drizzle had already changed into pouring rain.

How great and I'm in this thin dress...

How stupid I was to believe him and waited for him. I shouldn't have fell for his charms. I should go home quickly, I thought. Being in forest at night for a teenage girl might be dangerous. I started to walk.

Finding way at night was not as easy as I thought. After half an hour I arrived at the same tree I was waiting under in the first place . I kept walking.

Soon I lost my balance, I tripped, damn forests... I think I hit my head.

Next was pure darkness.

******

When I woke up, it was still raining heavily.

I didn't know how long I had been unconscious. I got up slowly. There were scratches all over my body and the weather was very cold.

Suddenly I remembered something. This was like my nightmare. I pinched myself hoping this to be one of my nightmares but this time it was real. My destiny didn't give up on messing with me. If my dream was true, I was probably gonna die. Will someone even miss me if I die?

I stopped suddenly, I shouldn't think negatively, I kept repeating myself. If I survived from that accident in the "cursed day", I would survive this one too.

But it was hard to stay strong, in this "armageddon". The passing time was sucking my strength, I was tired of walking, wounds didn't help either.

Fortunately, you helped me. I said looking at the woman, Ruby, beside me.

"Oh, my poor child, it's all over now, you 've been through a lot in this age but now everything is ok." she said like a mother to me, we didn't know each other but she helped me more than people I knew for my whole life.

But everything was not ok. I was broken hearted. I was gonna take my revenge from all of them.

She let me stay in her house that night because the storm was still bad. With that thoughts, I went to bed and fell asleep.

***

Will's POV

My plan was over. This would be enough for her. She really thought we would literally go on a date.

But why do I feel guilty about it deep inside? She isn't different from the other girls is she? But that kiss..  I waved that thought off mentally.

I was looking through the wide window of my bigger than enough bedroom. The storm out there was really bad.

Did Evelyn arrive home? She probably did, she is not stupid she must have realized that nobody was coming to get her and we didn't walk fo far into that forest, did we?

Why am I worried about her?

***

Next day, she wasn't at school which was what I expected, but the day after that she was still missing which was really not like her.

After 3 days it was declared that she was officially missing.

Is she lost because of me?

Did something else happen?

Those questions were messing with my head, the feeling of guiltiness  was eating me up.

This wasn't what I intended to do in the first place...

......................................................

Writer's note: Evelyn's dress on the side.

I hope the story has been good so far and filled your expectations whoever you are. Please if you respect my work than tap the ☆ button and vote:) It will only take 1 second. The story started from the disaster until now you have read what happened before it. From now on I am going to write what happens after.  Keep reading:):):):)

Thanks for reading:) XOXO

Vengeful Mist [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara