Chapter 25 Kiss Of Fire

As the first notes of calming jazz song ascended, Claire thought she was dreaming again. She had no idea about how her friends knew about her not so popular favorite songs. There were also things she kept for herself. Secrets... She fought the urge to look at William's icy eyes, she was afraid she would fall or embarrass herself because of the excitement after their magic collided with the spell of stage and music. She concentrated on the song instead.

Con este tango que es burlón y compadrito,

Se ató dos alas la ambición de mi suburbio.

Con este tango nació el tango y como un grito

Salió del sórdido barrial buscando el cielo.

Conjuro extraño de un amor hecho cadencia

Que abrió caminos sin más ley que su esperanza,

Mezcla de rabia, de dolor, de fe, de ausencia

Llorando en la inocencia de un ritmo juguetón.

Por tu milagro de notas agoreras

Nacieron sin pensarlo las paicas y las grelas,

Luna en los charcos, canyengue en las caderas

Y un ansia fiera en la manera de querer...

When her part ended for a couple of seconds the hard times started, nothing to keep her busy anymore. When William started to sing, her mouth was at the edge of hanging open. But still her chocolate eyes widened, melting uncontrollably. And when she saw Will's playful looks accompanied by his huge sexy smile, yes not smirk but a genuine smile like he had just got the best news of his life, she couldn't help but think about the romance that they were surrounded the night before. As the pictures covered her vision, she was sure she was about to be a tomato again, maybe an eggplant.

I touch your lips and all at once the sparks go flying

Those devil lips that know so well the art of lying

And though I see the danger, still the flame grows higher

I know I must surrender to your kiss of fire

Just like a torch, you set the soul within me burning

I must go on, I'm on this road of no returning

And though it burns me and it turns me into ashes

My whole world crashes without your kiss of fire

William felt like he was saying the things he wanted to say all the time through the song, hidden with flow of melodies. The more he sang the more captivated he become by the owner of his kiss of fire. Claire... Was fire enough to describe her burning beauty? Two sided, come close enough and drown in love, but if you come too close you will burn in the hidden hell. Her looks could say she was dangerous but innocent at the same time. But was that enough to keep William away? Not even close, he could burn in the deepest pits of hell just to touch her one more time or even catch a glimpse of her alluring eyes.