Chapter 18 Think Before You Act

William's POV

  "So, what is your explanation for the news? We all know this is a huge lie." Alexander asked after I finished reading the article. As if I didn't have any problem, now I also needed to handle a scandal.

  "This time the story is a total lie but I know her, I will solve it with my own ways." I answered balling up my fists as I was looking through the plane's window. 

 "Wait, you know her, so is she the reason why you wanted to continue to run your business in Paris?" he asked in realization.

   "Since you have already figured it out , yes she is. I wanted to maintain my job in Paris temporarily to get to know her better. But temporarily might last longer especially after this situation." I answered although I was in deep thought.

    "So, the news are not completely a lie. It's onlu that you are not in a relationship, yet." What he said was right. It might be true but she always surprises me with her behaviour.

     "True."   This time it is my turn to surprise you ma belle.

The pilot's voice indicating we are about to land, ended our conversation.

Half an hour later we arrived at the hospital that my grandmother was being treated. After learning her room number, we ran to the elevator and I pressed the button of top floor. Since the hospital also belonged to us our family had a special king sized room on the top floor in case of a health problem.

My grandmother was sleeping at the time I got there. She had heart attack the doctor said it wasn't unexpected as she was old. But still... I hoped it was a joke like she did a year ago to send me to the party. The first time I met with Claire... Anyway I was thankful my grandmother was ok.

Because I came Anne, the maid of our house for 20 years, left the room to give us some time alone. Anne was also my grandmother's closest friend and she was taking care of her.

I sat to the creamy coloured couch near the hospital bed and held my grandmother's hand. She seemed thin. It was my first time seeing her weak, although she was old she always stood strong.  Her eyes slowly opened after a while and she gently squeezed my hand back.

"Grandma, I came here as soon as I heard the news. Are you ok?" I leaned a bit.

"You didn't have to Will, I am ok. I mean I survived death. Don't worry, I don't have any intentions of going away." Her voice was a bit hoarse but she still had a sense of humour.

"Can you give me some water please? " she asked after that. I immediately grabbed the water bottle on the brown coffee table near me, poured water into the glass and slowly helped my grandmother to drink it.

"William, I joke about all of this but this doesn't change the reality that I am old. I know you think you are young and you are playing around but you should set up your own family. I want to see you getting married and having kids. I want to see my grandchildren before I die happily." I should have sensed she would open this subject. And now I am on headlines. I can't let my grandmother to see it again as she has this thoughts. She will go crazy.

"Grandmother, I think.." I started the sentence and was going to tell her the truth when I suddenly had an idea. "Actually there is someone, this time I can feel it is special. We are not serious yet but.. You know." I am already involved in a relationship I didn't know about so why shouldn't I use it in my favor?

As soon as she heard these words my grandmother's green eyes shined with happiness.

"When will I meet her?"

"Soon."  I smiled.

***

Evelyn's POV

By the time we finished reading the article Adele's jaw fell open and her eyes widened.

"Holy sh#t! Why did you do this?" Why did I do this? It's step 1 in destroying him.

"This will annoy him enough for leaving me there alone. And he calls himself a 'man'. He kissed me all of a sudden and left me there with all the questions."

"I would ask how did it feel like, I mean his lips, cause they look worth dying for but we have more important issues.  Are you sure this was a good idea? I mean he is rich, he has a reputation and these people would do anything to protect their honour. Do you think you are prepared?" She said. The dreamy weamy look in her eyes disappeared. The issue became serious.  Time for being an adult.

"He can't do anything. It is not like I killed him." Like he did to me.

...

  I woke up slowly  when the first drops of sunlight illuminated the room. I woke Adele up immediately. Both of our eyes were burning, purple circled and we had no relation with the girls in the movies who can sleep gracefully and wake up as the beauty of the universe. We talked all night and slept probably 2 or 3 hours at most.This happened almost everytime we met but we didn't care even though it meant yawning all day.

I really appreciate having a friend like her, she is beyond a sister.

"Now you completed your nickname, Little Jelly Monster." I started to smile evilly. Soon she did either.

"Monster? And everybody will think you look like the Goddess of Beauty. You.."

"What? You couldn't find any bad things to mock me about?" I continued quickly but...

"Come here!" Adele suddenly got up to her feet and we started to run around.

After a couple of minutes the effects of adulthood showed itself, we were both panting but laughing anyway.

"Hey, going back... being six year olds was... fun but we should really... go to work right now." I said between breaths. My stomach was aching after all those adrenalin filled hysterical laughs.

"I am going home than, we'll meet at the cafe ok?" I headed for my apartment.

Half an hour later I was ready wearing burgundy skinny trousers, a beige jumper and a black leather jacket. Finally I took the keys of my apartment from my clutch, locked the door and went down the stairs.

The cold wind hit my face as soon as I stepped out. Despite the Sun was shining earlier, the weather wasn't bright anymore.

I was walking on the sidewalk and checking my phone when I noticed a black luxurious car near me. I ignored, probably I was paranoid. 'Why would a car like this follow me?' It can't be William, I don't think he has the guts to do this after yesterday, right? 

My phone started to ring suddenly. "Will the Devil" is calling. Seriously? 

Author's Note:
A filler chapter;) Please don't forget to vote or comment ☆ XOXO :)