Chapter 28 Cold Kiss Of The Fate Part 2

"Claire or should I say Evelyn? " I heard William talk. Suddenly he pulled away and the wind around me felt bitterly cold. But I had to pull myself together, there was no time for being emotional anymore. I needed to know how he learned my past.

"What are you talking about?" I told the only sentence that came to my mind to gain some time to think.

"Claire, seriously don't you think it's time to tell the truth?" The truth, the truth, the truth... Did he know all this time? Was he bluffing?

"There is no truth. This is the truth." I didn't know why I said that but I didn't want him to know. I was afraid that...it would cause all of our happy memories to fall apart.

What was happening to me?

"Claire don't lie to me anymore. I need you to tell me everything like you told Adele. Nothing will be ok as long as there are secrets between us."

Oh my God. Was he there when I was telling everything about my past? How was this possible?

"Wonderful. Just... So how much did you hear?" I was about to break down but I wasn't sure if he could feel it.

"It doesn't matter Claire, I need to hear it all, from you. Look into my eyes and tell me." He held me by my arms, tightly. I didn't have any other chance.

Tonight everything left unspoken was going to blend with the night sky with all their darkness.

***

William's POV

"Are you happy?" Claire said. I could see she was trying really hard to hold back her tears.

"This is not possible. You can't be..."

"I am William. The girl you left to die is me. I am Evelyn. What, is it too much to handle?"

My mind has been full of the guilt of her death for years. And now, she was standing in front of me. Like a hunting ghost grom my past. Yes it was too much to handle.

"Aren't you going to say anything? See, the 'truth' you craved to learn is too much even for a man like you. Now think about what I have been through for 8 years. My life was already hell and then you brought me to edge of death with a heart that begged to God to stop beating. I didn't die as a body but my heart stopped that day. My old soul actually left me in that forest. Old me is dead. I am not Evelyn anymore. I am Claire and I only live for revenge."

"Revenge? Claire I can't believe you. All the memories we had..."

"Stop. I don't wanna hear this anymore. Using our memories to make me give up on this game only makes you worse in my eyes. They don't mean anything to me." This was enough I held her arms more tightly.

"Let me go William, you hurt me."

"Look in to my eyes and say that again if you mean it I will leave you. Doesn't our memories really mean something to you?" She lifted her head now I could see all the anger, sadness and disappointment in her chocolate eyes and it was killing me.

"They don't."

"Claire, I can see you are lying."

"Let... me... go. Let me go, now!" In the blink of an eye she was free from my hold and she was running away. I couldn't let her go away like this.

***

Evelyn's POV

I look at him one last time before the door of the O.R. closes.

I can't forget what happened at last 3 months. Wasn't this all I wanted since the beginning? Is death too much or not enough?

His eyes... They were blood red before closing. Begging, regretfulness, sadness all at once.

Now he has experienced the exact same thing I had 8 years ago, knows the desperation of coming the edge of death. Maybe worse.

He is unconscious and in pain in what was supposed to be one of the best day of his life, me too in different ways. Waiting for him in my blood soaked gown, my eyes puffy from the tears I have shed. My voice now breathy from sobbing too much. What is that supposed to mean?

Slowly I approached the seat near and sat down, shivering.

Karma helped me for once, but why do I feel like it didn't, like what happened was unfair? It must be because it happened without my will, right?

There is no other explanation, is there?

I held the bottom of my once blue dress tightly for support. I was still shivering. Next tear fell without giving time to dry to the former. There was nobody to help me, I was on my own like I had always been.

This was too much to bear for me. I lost my frozen heart tonight. He made me reexperience all my past. From my parent's death until his betrayal. He turned our beautiful heaven of memories into hell of our long gone past in the blink of an eye.

And did he really have to follow me all the way?

Everything happened very quickly. I was driving too fast already and he drove even faster to catch me. One second his black car was right behind me the other second it was gone.

I didn't notice how many hours went by but the O.R's door opened again and a doctor in his dark green clothes came out. There were drops of blood on him. William's blood.

He looked at me with the sad eyes I was familiar from the past and told me the sentence noone would want to hear, ever.

William was in a coma, when he would wake up was a total mystery. He fell into a deep sleep without even caring about those he left behind. I needed to talk to him but there was no way... I still didn't know how long has it been but finally I had the chance to see him at least.

I was only allowed to look at him behind a glass. It killed me.

I wanted to touch him but my fingers were faced with coldness. He was far, far away from me.

I couldn't persuade myself that he was in a coma, he was sleeping, peacefully. I couldn't believe that he was stuck in an unknown darkness. Everywhere was deadly silent, still and chilly like his soul was trapped out of his body and trying to find its way.

He left me alone, in pain with non-stopping tears, again. And the only thing I felt after this revenge game was... regret.

Listening my conscience in this never ending silence became unbearable after a while.

I managed to say at last. Although it wasn't more than a whisper.

"William, I love you."

***

Author's Note :

Sunday and a new update!!

Thanks for reading. What do you think about this chapter? I am sorry if there are grammar or spelling mistakes. If you see one you can comment.

Keep reading, next chapter is the final.

Please don't forget to comment and vote. You are loved:3 ♥☆★

XOXO ☆

**Edit(August 2nd, 2018)
So one more chapter away from the ending, if you are thinking about what to read next
I am currently writing a story called The Substitute Cinderella. And I try to upload new chapters as much as I can. It already has 12 chapters. I would appreciate if you checked it out:)