Chapter 5 What's Happening?

Evelyn's POV

I looked at the clock near my bed again. It was 1.30 pm. I didn't feel the need to sleep.

I was still replaying my conversation with William in the evening and still couldn't believe how I found the courage to talk to him like that.

After all those words I said he just smiled at me. He even knew my name, which was unusual and suspicious. His smile was really sexy though. He should have been angry but he wasn't. He helped me. It's not like he is an angel so him doing me a favor was  like a miracle.

I looked at the clock again, I really should sleep otherwise I'll look like Bloody Mary tomorrow...

Next day I was heading to my locker when one hand suddenly caught my wrist from behind.

I looked at them, Melanie and Kat, who else could it be? I sighed.

"What do you--

Before I could finish my sentence I was soaked because of the strawberry milkshake they splashed onto my face.

They were laughing at me, until William approached us.

Oh My God!

My heart skipped a beat. I was probably blushing. I stared at the floor. But something unexpected happened.

On the corner of my eye I could see that William was frowning but not to me, to Melanie and Kat.

"Go away, now both!" he yelled at them. Melanie glared at me, throwing knives with her dull green eyes.

"Are you Ok? Come, let's get you some dry clothes" William said. Everybody was looking at us, girls were surprised to see him yelling at his childhood friends for me, and they even seemed a bit jealous.

"T-Thank you, you helped me, again." I finally found the courage to talk. My heart was still drumming in my chest. I smiled shyly. My brain was nowhere to be seen and I was just amazed. I was reacting the way I thought would never do.

He smiled at me in return. That smile melted my heart. It shouldn't have, but it did.

I couldn't help but think that maybe, just maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought he is.

***

Will's POV

I was about to enter the gym when I suddenly heard Evelyn's name. It was Melanie and Kat talking in their rehearsal break.

"Did you hear that Will has been helping that little insect?" Kat said with a scorn.

Such gossip lovers.

"I'm sure Will has a plan about that girl, or else I will deal with that nerdie my way." What could I say Melanie knew me but I was done with her. They can even help my plan actually.

Probably such a naive girl like Evelyn expects her boyfriend to be her knight in shining armour, which I'm not. But this doesn't mean I can't pretend to be one.

***

In the corridor I saw three girls. They were surrounded by a crowd full of people.

What's going on there?

When I  came closer I see that Mels had already started to deal with the insect with her own ways, plan is on then.

Except, not their plan. My plan.

"Go away, now both!" I yelled at them, I knew they would do as I say. They wouldn't dare to protest especially Melanie. She was surprised like the rest of the people because I protected Evelyn.

My assumptions were right. Evelyn; innocent, naive, shy Evelyn seemed to be impressed and looked at me with that big eyes of hers and thanked me.

Why do I have this weird feeling again?, Why my does heart beat faster? I asked myself. Then I just smiled at her, in that situation she seemed to be really in need of it.

Wow, what's happening? She smiled shyly at me, this was the first time I saw her smiling genuinely.

And her smile was...... beautiful?

My heart was still pounding, I tried to supress my feelings as always and walked away.

***

Author's Note : So a filler chapter:) Don't forget, we are still in the pastttt...
Longer chapters  are on the way, I try to improve my writing. So don't hesitate to give feedbacks;)

Please comment or vote ☆:):):) 

XOXO ☆ :)