Chapter 2 The "Fresh Start "

Evelyn's POV

3 weeks later

When I woke up, I was in someplace unfamiliar. The ceiling was grey and an unpleasant smell was surrounding everywhere.

After my vision got better I realized that I was in the hospital bed. That's when I noticed the bruises all over me, they weren't completely healed but it was obvious that some time has passed.

I must have been in the hospital for a long time.

Suddenly my aunt and my couisins barged into the room. My Aunt looked at me for a while, she seemed relieved. She hesitated a bit but then started to talk.

"Evelyn, honey are you ok?"

"I am alright, I think," Talking felt harder then I remembered.

"Eve, after that accident you've been in the hospital for 3 weeks, and you were unconscious, you had really bad injuries honey but now all of it ended, eveything will be alright." a tear fell down on her cheek. My 2 cousins Ashley and Vanessa were beside me to, they seemed worried but I wasn't sure if they were genuine.

"What about my Mum and Dad? Are they fine?" I was trying to comfort myself with the idea that they might still be alive but all I remembered was unfortunately true.

My mum and dad were literally dead. Then another flood of tears came.

What was going to happen to me now? After I lost my family and lived through this huge trauma, everything felt meaningless...

All my old little problems I couldn't help but overestimate were now gone. They wouldn't even be counted as a problem now.

***

A week later I was finally discharged from the hospital. I was still feeling numb, my eyes were puffy and red because of crying.

I was now staying in my aunt's house. At least I had my aunt and cousins with me, I thought.

If I continue to think negatively, I was afraid that I would end up commiting suicide.

All of my old friends turned up to be so called. You know those who smile to your face but really do not care. Another gift of my fate, note the sarcasm.

After all, I locked the door of our old house and said goodbye to my old life. I didn't have any other choice. Although what happened to me was very tragic my aunt kept telling me to look at it as a fresh start rather than a tragic ending.

I hope this "fresh start" could give me strength, which I had none.

***

The summer holiday, my cursed time, finally ended and it was the first day at my new school. I was going to go to the same high school with my cousins, I thought maybe it could be good but I couldn't have been more wrong.

For the first few days I was the new student but then I was pushed to the background of the school society, I was the nerd girl that eveybody ignored and refused to talk to unless there was homework needing to be done or exams that have to be passed.

Because of the trauma I had lost my self esteem and confidence. I had put myself into this situation.

Even my cousins forgot me. My aunt wasn't bad but she wasn't like my mum either. My days in my senior year were just passing by quietly. I was like a living ghost, someone who had to die but cheated death.

I couldn't hear the evil laughs of destiny back then, again... I was still unshielded to the balls it would throw unlike I thought.

***

A rainy day, I mean like the cursed day the rain with the storm and flood. Clouds are everywhere like they are trying to suffocate me.

I am in the forest trying to run but I can't. There is someting very near but yet very far, I can't reach.

I suddenly woke up, this time in the middle of the night. No family or the beautiful view of my own house to comfort me a bit. I was about to cry, I was sweating because of horror.

Nightmares again.

Or do I have to say memories of my not seem to be good future, were hunting me.

The nightmares were so vivid that in the morning, the effects of the nightmare still remained in my mind.

I went to school unwillingly. Hoping not to have bad things happen .

My first class was English. I went to my locker directly but frowned with the view inside. Again! There were other people's rubbish in my locker.

Why do they torture me, am I not broken enough?

Bully boys and girls of the school. I was wondering where they were.

Like I am strong enough to beat them up. Pff..

I took my English books and  was walking to the clasroom when I bumped into something, no someone, I was too absentminded ,and angry because of the locker thing,to see who that person was. I said I was sorry and kept walking.

I wish I did look his face, because he did see mine to not to forget for a long time. And with long time I don't mean only a school year.

Stupid head. I was creating my own ill fate...

***

Oh!! Where am I? What's all this fog? There is something out there I should reach it. I run and run but I can't. It's not something. My vision is blurry, but I can say it's someone.

Hey please help!! Why can't I scream? My voice, oh I need help. I cry out, terrified.

Please someone hear me!!

A tear falls down on my cheek and with the taste of the salty water, I opened my eyes.

I was in the library. My only place to escape. I breathed deeply. I didn't realize I fell asleep, I slowly lifted my head, streched, wiped off the tears on my face. Now, I was crying in my sleep. Thank God, noone was there except me, and it was 6.30 pm.?!

I sighed over the nonstopping visions of my unwritten future.

Finally I took my books and headed for the door.

***

Author's Note :

;);) Again a world full of thanks for reading my book!! Please comment or vote☆☆

Italics exist for a reason.

XOXO ☆ :)