Chapter 17 Threads Entwining Part 2

Evelyn's POV

"What's there to remember? " I asked bravely without thinking.
Suddenly he pulled me even closer and kissed me.

I froze, in the middle of Paris I was being kissed by the dream man of every female creature. As soon as his lips locked into mine I felt shivers running down my spine and a familiar emotion, just like 8 years ago. Our lips were dancing in harmony, lost in sensation. My eyes were closed. For a moment all the past and future faded away. Present was blurry. Time had stopped. Who we were, what we did, what we are going to do, what we are capable of didn't matter..

But still I was fully aware of his hands around my waist, holding me thightly and I just wanted to surrender to his arms as the gentle wind was flowing the waves of my hair, lose myself in his scent ... I wanted to. 

The ringing of his phone brought me to my senses so pushed him away immediately.

"Don't ever dare to do that again." I snapped at him and I was going to walk away without looking back. That was when I saw the crowd of people, women some looking with jealousy, some with admiration.. And all the flashing cameras around us. We were besieged by the paparazzi.

What was I thinking? This a$$ is famous you stupid head, you should have been careful, I thought.

I only wanted to punch myself, for being so careless, for ignoring my plan, for moving with my heart.

How can a beautiful day turn into hell in a couple of minutes? Like this.

I was now under the attack of unbearable light, microphones were indicated to me as if trying to poke my eyes out, endless amount of questions were pointed at us.

I turned back to ask help from William, after all he was the one with the money enough to fill mountains, compared to him I was the poor girl who only had honour.

I felt like I fell into emptiness because there were just more paparazzi. Of course he ran away! He must have used the overly curious audience to sneak away.

I wanted to scream and scr*w everything but there was already a scandal.

Sometimes, even though for a second I thought, maybe just maybe, there is a possibility that he has changed. How could he?

'Who are you?, Are you French?'

'Are you Willliam Mccartney's new girlfriend?'

"What are you talking about?!"

"We aren't anything!" I tried to stop them but no, they didn't have any intentions of ending the question bombing, although I wasn't saying something that has a new's worth they continued making things up and ask further details, details which were nonexistent in reality.

Right at that moment a light bulb flicked on over my head.

"Actually,  I can answer some of your questions. Maybe I should not have been the one to say this but yes we are dating, but it was just very new so we didn't announce it to anyone." I said with a shy smile. I really want to see his face when he hears this.

'Have you met here?'

'How long have you been dating?' etc. were questions that came after. Of course with more made up answers from me.

"You sure must be aware what happened to his former 'girlfriend's. Do you have the same relationship with him?" You should thank God that I am not like the other overly proud empty headed b*tches.

"No, of course not. What he had until now was 'flings'. From now on you will see the reality."

Oh Mr. Grim Reaper of Hearts let's see what you can do. What we lived was a dream, the rest will be the nightmare of your darkest nights.