Chapter 20 La Belle Dans La Nuit

Everybody wants love nobody wants pain but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain.
~Anonymous~

External POV

The moment Evelyn saw William she felt like she was hit by a lightning. Her heart was beating like there were hundreds of drums inside her chest for no reason. Even the 'harmonic art' she adored around her, wasn't enough to calm her. She couldn't be sure if she actually wanted it to end for a moment. She wanted to burn and avoid the burning at the same time.

This man had caused her to experience lots of things for the first time but she didn't have any intentions of going further, did she?

Apparently her feet decided to rebel cause she started to walk towards the two frozen blue diamonds. The owner of these precious 'jewelleries' was wearing dark blue jeans and a white T-shirt that hugged his delicious body...

Again! He was decieving her again but she learned her lesson when she believed the same things years ago. She shook herself mentally to avoid the distraction so she finally focused. Sort of.

"You really need the stop taking me to different countries without letting me know." she said hoping she was able to hide her unnecessary excitement.

"Bonjour, ma belle. And you really need to remember to greet someone before going straight to the point." she didn't even pay attention what William said this time. Probably he used the same annoying tounge but she didn't notice. She instantly went under something supernatural when he came even closer.

"If you can't accept me for who I am then why do you keep asking me to meet you?" she couldn't understand why talking against him became harder, she barely managed to answer without shaking under his intense gaze.

She wasn't going to give in easily. All the years she made herself believe love is like drug, it lures you, it eliminates your brain ,make you feel fake happiness and in the end it leaves you in a miserable situation.

As long as her brain neurons connected, her heart beat, the pain would stay. It was carved in the depths of her soul. It was like threads that squeezed her heart tightly, sucking every drop of feeling.

Freezing her heart again and again...

Suddenly William's eyes grew colder. Even the thought of leaving her was aching his heart and now Claire was telling him to let her go. She didn't have any idea that she tied her soul with William's the moment she lied in Paris.

It was a game for her, a childish thing. But William had no intentions to let go of this beauty.

La Belle Dans La Nuit* would be the exact description for Claire. She was beautiful but also as mysterious and unpredictable as the night. Maybe this dark side was pulling him to her. Maybe more...

He didn't dare to say further. This was one of the rare times that scared him.

He was afraid of bad things that could happen to a stranger. The stranger whom his paths crossed in his birthday a year ago. The stranger who was threatening to take over his whole life. The stranger who drove him mad when he couldn't see her and make him go crazy with her one glance.

He was afraid of not knowing what the future holds. And how Claire could affect him.

Despite everything, he wanted to take this ride. Decided to go until the end.

After all If you want to taste the heaven you should take the risk of burning in hell on the way.

As Claire was fighting with herself, stuck between the hate of the past she had and the love of the future she could have; and William was willing to give up on everything for Claire's one smile although he was afraid to admit, both of them couldn't have any idea their heaven was screaming with agony in the cruel hands of the oncoming hell's fires...