Chapter 16 Threads Entwining Part 1

Evelyn's POV

We have been sitting with them for like half an hour which felt like forever, people didn't stop staring and it really bothered me. After all, we were normal people, sitting with like one of the richest people in the world, laughing and chatting. At least it seemed like that.

Everyone in the table except me were having fun, Samantha and Adele were laughing at one another like they were close friends. However I was silent. But I was listening so I learned the rich bussinessman was really Steve, from high school, but of course I could ever say I knew them.

"So is Claire always like that?" I heard Samantha say to Adele.

"Am I like what?" I furrowed my brows. I urged myself to join the talking. Enough observation, more action.

"I mean, you don't like talking that much, am I wrong?" She said, I think she understood that I was not a chit-chatter. But what can I do? I need to play for a couple of months.

"No, I am not actually, just my mind was busy with.. work." Pfff, work? Anyway it will do.

"Oh, I see. Anyway, today is the day for having fun. Let's toast for our promising friendship." She started to smile. She really knows how to lighten up the mood.

"Cheers." We said, all at the same time.

At the end of the night the table was full of empty bottles. Wait ,how many glasses have I drunk?

One, two, three, four, five, no still four, blurryy.. Is Willliam checking me out?

***

I wake up in the morning with the first rays of the sunlight reaching inside through the light pink curtains of my bedroom.

I hate hangovers. I got up slowly with a sharp pain in my head slowly approaching my little bathroom in front of me. Of course the mirror punched me. My face left me shocked, I looked like I just survived the Armageddon so I took a very quick bath to freshen up. Wore a baby blue shirt, jeans and gray cotton jacket with an asimetric length.

Today was Sunday so I gave myself the chance to be a little late to work. I decided to go on foot to relax a bit in the park.

What a beautiful day, Sun is shining, people are chilling out...

Ouch!

That was what I thought until karma decided to say he, he wait and see. I was on the ground before I could understand what happened. Did I hit someone?

Somebody reached out a hand for me, not so long after. I took the hand and stood up, after I checked myself I looked at the person who I collided with and who helped me. My heart skipped a beat. I was faced with the handsome features.

With a mischievous smile. Did I say handsome? When did the weather become this hot? Probably I am in shock. Shock of falling.

"How are you ma cherié? I mean we were together just hours ago but still. " The death of me was standing right in front of me, he is doing morning runs I suppose.

Why does it have to be him?

"I was actually happy until I saw you." I answered defiantly.

I think I saw a frown on his face that only lasted for a second. He wiped it away instantly. Wearing that devil face again.

Hiding was the only thing we have in common, I noticed. But the issue in my game is which one of us will do it better.

"Really? You were saying the opposite last night. 7 hours ago exactly, right at this point." He whispered in my ear huskily. Whoah, I didn't notice we were closer until that.

"What do you mean? How many times do I have to tell you to stop being delusional?"  He dreams right? Please God, help me.

"Ms. Sarcasm, I am not making anything up. So why don't you stop pretending already? Are you having a hard time accepting my awesomeness?" Arrogant jerk! My heart was hammering in my chest now because of nervousness.

"Yeah, my legs turn to jelly." I answered sarcastically. "I am not gonna ask again so in case you couldn't understand me in the first time I will repeat slowly, What- do-you-mean?" So let's hear what you have in your mind.

"You mean, you actually don't remember? " He answered with disappointment and disbelief.

"What's there to remember?" I asked bravely with contempt, without thinking.

Suddenly, he pulled me even closer, and kissed me.

***

Author's note :

Thanks for reading. By the way Merry Christmas and a happy new year:):):):) Don't forget to comment or vote☆☆☆★★★

XOXO ☆ :)